A few quality of life suggestions

petunia
Tracker

A few quality of life suggestions

Post by petunia »

I have a few ideas that could make certain aspects of the game better:
  • The call circle and directional cone on the huntermate should be in a different colour than black. They're sometimes hard to see when they're in a dark spot or over terrain features.
  • The huntermate indicators should be on the highest z-level, i.e. show above the time/distance if they're there.
  • It would be nice to give names to starter tents that would show up on the start expedition screen.
  • The 45-70 ammunition has a weight of 0.70000001 which seems like a bug?
  • I'd love to have the cotw mechanic of switching between scope and iron sights without going into the inventory.
  • Having camping supplies, med kits and similar items re-stack the same as ammunition would be awesome.
BCKidd

Re: A few quality of life suggestions

Post by BCKidd »

Good ideas! I especially like the last one. ;) Peace,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
El Turista
Tracker

Post by El Turista »

Totally against the COTW scope switching as always some one suggest it.

Good Hunt.
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

petunia wrote:
  • The call circle and directional cone on the huntermate should be in a different colour than black. They're sometimes hard to see when they're in a dark spot or over terrain features.
This is what I would like the most. They could tie the call circle colour to track colour you've chosen. I've never had an issue with the directional cone though.
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

Before you implement any of these 'quality of life' improvements, could we PLEASE have a way to extend the reconnect timeout? I lost a critical harvest last night because my internet glitched seconds before I clicked to harvest my 3rd required kill in a hunt. An hours worth of work down the drain.

Somethin as simple as a RETRY button once the timer times-out, rather then having the only option to be to quit the game.
petunia
Tracker

Post by petunia »

El Turista wrote:Totally against the COTW scope switching as always some one suggest it.

Good Hunt.
Why? You don't have to use it if you don't like it. I'd like to be able to quickly switch to iron sights when a bear growls 20 meters away behind a ridge. There are see-through scope mounts that allow you to use the iron sights like these ones:

Maybe we could compromise on that?
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

petunia wrote:
El Turista wrote:Totally against the COTW scope switching as always some one suggest it.

Good Hunt.
Why? You don't have to use it if you don't like it. I'd like to be able to quickly switch to iron sights when a bear growls 20 meters away behind a ridge. There are see-through scope mounts that allow you to use the iron sights like these ones:

Realism is probably the most common reason. people don't normally have the ability to remove or install a scope in the field. Even with a quick mount, it's going to take some time. You have to take out the scope or put it away. Certainly not enough time to react to a charging bear.

Another reason would possible exploit. If you could switch without moving the rifle, a person could line up a shot with the scope, remove the scope, then shoot.

Look through mounts would be a reasonable compromise. But the rifle would have to move when switching from scope to iron sights to be realistic and prevent an exploit.
Or using iron sites with the scope still mounted would have to count as still having a scope for competitions or missions that require iron sites.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
El Turista
Tracker

Post by El Turista »

petunia wrote:

It's about "arkade" and "simulation". The action of tacking off your sight if is done with a buton is simple and unsatisfaying.

But in "classic" in the solo play you have to go to go to inventory, and choose your sight, put it... that's the sorth of things that are done when you go for hunt.

i'ts even better in multipleryer because in inventory screen you're not in pause! and you have to go fast!

And... thas why in real hunting for expeditions like the ones that are in the game much (and i can dare to say most) hunter go for a shight without zoom and a reliable power (let's say an x6, the in game x4... x12 if you're going for mountain goats...)

I mean: If youre hunting and wan to take off your scope... there are pretty quick technologies (Blaser) to do it but no as quick like press a buton.

NOW: Going to the "you don't have to use it if you don't like it". COTW is just an arcade game. Here are rules! and here are REAL competitions. Some of those require to shoot an animal just with your iron shight! and that is the perfect example

It's very diferent to aim an animal whith a sight and just a second before to click the shoot buton click the "remove scope". We have enought cheating... This is a gentelmans (loving grannys) game...

JO! MAY BE that I sounded rude somewhere in my speech, but it's no my intent. Sorry. For true.

Any way if you're here im sure that youre going to enjoy the stay. That's a great comunnity with beatufull people eeger to help!

And keep on. Thehunte classic theserves it. Some times is ... mmmm... "inffuriating?" but in the end it pays.

Btw: I've writh this "on the fly" and I don't get responsible of the murderous villanis thas has been done to the shakesperrr'esd! tonge.
El Turista
Tracker

Post by El Turista »

Tod1d wrote:...
So... as i was trying to send
the above message (fighting whit some "this image ... mah") the "motherarors" readded my mind... that's ok... it's cool...

I'm watching you Tod.. mmm...hhh...m.h
petunia
Tracker

Post by petunia »

Oh, I didn't think of that angle, I rarely participate in competitions. I just got mauled by a bear and my friend couldn't line up the shot quickly enough because they were completely zoomed in. It's all good, it isn't really something desperately needed and I see where you all are coming from.

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”