Upgrade Inventory - More Slots for Dogs

muledeer
Hunter

Upgrade Inventory - More Slots for Dogs

Post by muledeer »

i would like to have the option of taking several dogs with me in my inventory.

I am thinking of two additional buyable spaces (or more) with which I can then, for example, carry all three dog breeds around with me. the first place is for the active dog and the additional ones are for the replacement dogs.

On the hunt, you normally open your inventory and simply click and drop another dog in the first place.

this does not change the dog's inventory!

i would pay em $ 1,000 per seat.

best regards

Andreas_D :D
fantamichele
Outfitter

Re: Upgrade Inventory - More Slots for Dogs

Post by fantamichele »

If you bring a tent with you you can do the same thing without spending any money
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

muledeer wrote:i would like to have the option of taking several dogs with me in my inventory.

I am thinking of two additional buyable spaces (or more) with which I can then, for example, carry all three dog breeds around with me. the first place is for the active dog and the additional ones are for the replacement dogs.

On the hunt, you normally open your inventory and simply click and drop another dog in the first place.

best regards

Dogs are buggy already, let alone having 3,
then ontop of that you will also need 3 hotkeys for the commands all at the same time.

I also dont see the need in having all 3 on the same reserve at the same time,
if your hunting ducks and geese you dont need the pointer or scent hound
pheasants and rabbits both might be useful but you dont really need a retriever for the 1 pheasant or rabbit you shoot every 5 minutes
then the scent hound is useless is your running around shooting pheasants with a shotgun because you wont find big game since your shooting a shotgun
Nathan22Outdoors
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

From my perspective, the player character can already carry a ridiculous amount equipment. It's gotta be upwards of 50kg (100lb) of stuff.
Then you can carry your magical TARDIS tent & have access to everything.
Where would I put 2 extra dogs? in my pocket? In my backpack?

I'm pretty much against just about anything that would make the game even further from realistic.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

Tod1d wrote:Where would I put 2 extra dogs? in my pocket? In my backpack?
Put some bacon on a fishing rod, tie the rod to your backpack, and you got every dog in the 50-mile radius following you ;)
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

curlyCoyote wrote:Put some bacon on a fishing rod, tie the rod to your backpack, and you got every dog in the 50-mile radius following you ;)
It would be interesting to see in reserves where there are coyotes and wolves :D
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

Tod1d wrote:From my perspective, the player character can already carry a ridiculous amount equipment. It's gotta be upwards of 50kg (100lb) of stuff.
Then you can carry your magical TARDIS tent & have access to everything.
Where would I put 2 extra dogs? in my pocket? In my backpack?

I'm pretty much against just about anything that would make the game even further from realistic.

I think he just means, running around like any other dog, thats why i asked how a player is going to run 3 different command wheels at once
Nathan22Outdoors
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I'm pretty sure he means he would like to be able to carry all the dogs in his inventory but only have one out or "active" at a time. That wouldn't require additional keys or command wheels it anything like that.

But then, I also think it unnecessary. The carry weight is already unrealistic in this game and the idea of carrying dogs around in your backpack or whatever until you need them isn't appealing to me. There are almost no situations where I need more than one dog in a hunt, the only exception being if I'm ptarmigan hunting with my pointer and lose a downed bird, in which case I wish I had my retriever available to magically find it as they do.

And as previously started, those interested in hunting with this unlimited access to their dogs or other gear can just carry around a tent. It will give you access to all of your supplies at all times without any need for the developers to change the inventory system.
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

Nathan112244 wrote:
muledeer wrote:i would like to have the option of taking several dogs with me in my inventory.

best regards

then ontop of that you will also need 3 hotkeys for the commands all at the same time.

pheasants and rabbits both might be useful but you dont really need a retriever for the 1 pheasant or rabbit you shoot every 5 minutes
then the scent hound is useless is your running around shooting pheasants with a shotgun because you wont find big game since your shooting a shotgun
it's up to your personal hunting style and your personal opinion.

I have a different opinion and would be willing to pay for it. if you don't like the option, you don't have to use it.

there are many things in the game that i don't like ... i have learned to tolerate them

so what's wrong with that?
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

muledeer wrote:
Nathan112244 wrote:

best regards

it's up to your personal hunting style and your personal opinion.

I have a different opinion and would be willing to pay for it. if you don't like the option, you don't have to use it.

there are many things in the game that i don't like ... i have learned to tolerate them

so what's wrong with that?

Because as i said, the game is buggy the way it is with a single dog, i have friends that get a game crashing issue from just 1 dog, ontop of that you need to have 3 different wheels for the dog commands
Nathan22Outdoors

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”