Upgrade Inventory - More Slots for Dogs

muledeer
Hunter

Re: Upgrade Inventory - More Slots for Dogs

Post by muledeer »

guys i have 8 dogs in the game.

and I wonder if it should be realistic then that everyone waits in a tent until I get them out of there?

when I can equip a shotgun with three different types of muntions.

then why not three different dogs that I exchange as well as the muntion.

Thank you very much for your opinions on this ... I am amazed how many of you believe you are hunting in a real world ... in sweatpants in front of the pc with mouse and keyboard. i am not a hunter in real life ... otherwise i would ask myself why none of you in this real game misses slaughtering the animal properly.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

It isn't because ppl believe they are hunting in the real world, while playing this game. But, most don't want to change things that aren't broken. There are bigger and better things for EW to work on, that is my thought. I think you can carry all your hounds in a tent. So, it is something that is already available. If you are asking is that realistic- I guess it may be for some, hunters do use dog kennels for their hounds in the real world. :) Peace,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

BCKidd wrote:...hunters do use dog kennels for their hounds in the real world. :) Peace,

BCKidd.
But they don't carry their dog kennel in a backpack. :?

I doubt anyone believes they are actually hunting. However, many people experience "immersion" when they play a game, (or watch a movie, or read a book.)
The sense that the experience is "believable" to be a reasonable facsimile of the actual experience.
Reasonable in this case not meaning 100% realistic, because let's face it, hunting overall is a pretty boring experience.
Mind you, I'm totally happy to sit in a stand for 10 hours & not see a deer. But if the game worked that way I wouldn't have lasted a full day. (Been playing for almost 9 yrs now)
There has to be some kind of balance between totally realistic, and playability. And there are, likewise, as many players that would like it to be more realistic as there are players that would like to be more fantastic/game-like.

Realistically, you can take 3 dogs hunting with you. But you put them in your vehicle, and all 3 get out & walk with you.
Asking for the retriever to be able to "wait" & "Flush" would be perfectly reasonable. Or for the Pointer to also retrieve.
And nearly all dogs have some tracking skill.

But, also realistically, you would never bring dogs with you hunting any of the deer species, or any of the larger game animals in this game. You wouldn't see anything.
Dogs make sense for birds (except Turkey) and bunnies. Hunters do use dogs for fox, hogs & bear, so that would be a realistic suggestion (chase hunting).

Another thing is, they have 2 hunting games. One that is more realistic, and one that is more "gamey". If they focused the design of theHunter Classic on more realism,
and COTW on unrealistic "game" features, they should be able to give more players the experience they want.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

i would like to have a "gun bearer" to carry extra guns.... :D
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

outrider wrote:i would like to have a "gun bearer" to carry extra guns.... :D
Will cost you 2 packs of cigarettes a day :lol:
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

Tod1d wrote:
outrider wrote:i would like to have a "gun bearer" to carry extra guns.... :D
Will cost you 2 packs of cigarettes a day :lol:

nope, 1 pack and 1 candy bar.... :lol:
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

BCKidd wrote:It isn't because ppl believe they are hunting in the real world, while playing this game. But, most don't want to change things that aren't broken. There are bigger and better things for EW to work on, that is my thought. I think you can carry all your hounds in a tent. So, it is something that is already available. If you are asking is that realistic- I guess it may be for some, hunters do use dog kennels for their hounds in the real world. :) Peace,

BCKidd.
my problem is to find a place for a tent in the high mountains. I use the pointer for the puma, the sent hound for injured bighorns and very often I just can't find a white-tailed ptarmigan shot in the air. I think if I can carry a car around in my inventory ... then three dogs too. And I'm not forcing anyone to use this function.

of course we can't expect any more miracles in this game ... and probably most of them don't even feel like playing with the dogs.

in the game we don't even get a simple hunting knife to free the wounded animal from its suffering

no matter and best regards
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

muledeer wrote:I think if I can carry a car around in my inventory ... then three dogs too.
LOL!

"Is that a Jeep in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”