New Treestand

Nathan112244
Hunter

New Treestand

Post by Nathan112244 »

I have an idea that i want your thoughts on, a light weight treestand that can easily be carried around by a hunter to place mid hunt for people who like spot and stalk or hunting euro rabbits from a stand.
That automatically gets removed off the server after the hunt ends.

Pros:
- Lightweight maybe 3 or 3.5 vs 5 from a normal stand
- Maybe make a lower distance spook range of 50 or 75m
- Allows hunters to hunt stands more often in areas they may not have a tent in

Cons:
-Gets removed off the map each time so it is only useful to carry around
Nathan22Outdoors
ogruls
Outfitter

Re: New Treestand

Post by ogruls »

Can do all that with existing treestand.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I almost always have a tree stand with me in this game, as well as at least two weapons (sometimes three, if carrying a light rifle bow and handgun). So I already do this with the existing equipment and don't really feel limited in any way.

It's honestly already unrealistic enough to carry a stand and 2-3 weapons at once. I don't see why I'd need a lighter weight stand other than to carry another weapon. Just seems less realistic. And I don't mind the spook radius that exists now. There's no way I'm putting up a hang on stand in real life without scaring animals for 100s of meters around, so I think the current 150m radius is pretty forgiving. A 75m spook radius would be way too easy and again, just that much more unrealistic.

If it's intended to be a stand that I can easily put up and take down, I imagine I would just remove it after every use. I don't see why it would need to automatically come down at the end of the hunt, as I would have already taken it down. That may benefit a new player or someone who forgets to take stands down often but I don't think it'd do anything for the average player.

Nothing wrong with the idea, I just think it fills a hole that doesn't exist for me. And even with it being a game, there needs to be some limitations to make it seem semi-realistic. Popping up stands within bow shooting distance of animals and carrying even more stuff than I already do just doesn't add anything in terms of realism for me.

If anything, just be happy you don't have to carry around a ladder or a lineman's belt too... I've never hung a hang on successfully without extra tools in real life :D
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

xOEDragonx wrote:I almost always have a tree stand with me in this game, as well as at least two weapons (sometimes three, if carrying a light rifle bow and handgun). So I already do this with the existing equipment and don't really feel limited in any way.

It's honestly already unrealistic enough to carry a stand and 2-3 weapons at once. I don't see why I'd need a lighter weight stand other than to carry another weapon. Just seems less realistic. And I don't mind the spook radius that exists now. There's no way I'm putting up a hang on stand in real life without scaring animals for 100s of meters around, so I think the current 150m radius is pretty forgiving. A 75m spook radius would be way too easy and again, just that much more unrealistic.

If it's intended to be a stand that I can easily put up and take down, I imagine I would just remove it after every use. I don't see why it would need to automatically come down at the end of the hunt, as I would have already taken it down. That may benefit a new player or someone who forgets to take stands down often but I don't think it'd do anything for the average player.

Nothing wrong with the idea, I just think it fills a hole that doesn't exist for me. And even with it being a game, there needs to be some limitations to make it seem semi-realistic. Popping up stands within bow shooting distance of animals and carrying even more stuff than I already do just doesn't add anything in terms of realism for me.

If anything, just be happy you don't have to carry around a ladder or a lineman's belt too... I've never hung a hang on successfully without extra tools in real life :D

I mean, sure you can have a normal treestand thats 5kg but at that point, id bring a whole tent. i just mean if someone is going a weapon specific comp or if they have extra ammo and dont have that extra 5kg maybe it would be usefull.
I get what your saying though
Nathan22Outdoors
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

ogruls wrote:Can do all that with existing treestand.
If the current ones can do all of these things i listed, fill your inventory to 16.5/20 or 17/20 and put a treestand in it, then after you do that, spot an animal at 80m then place the stand without spooking it.
Nathan22Outdoors
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

Existing treestand can easily be carried around as is. Often carry tripod instead of treestand which comes in at 7.5 kg, have hunted carrying a treestand and also having a blind in equipment at the same time with max loadout available @ 20kg, I don't carry tents, equip what I need for what expect to meet in reserve. Why would I put up the existing stand when I know the radius of it's deployment spook? Why would I knowingly not make room for existing one if wanted to use it prior to the hunt? If animal was at 80m would be using trees/rocks for cover or going prone waiting for it.
Making the decisions what to take adds to the game for me it does not detract from it which I feel this lightweight treestand would.
Probably makes the game a lot easier but for me your suggestion does not add anything.
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

ogruls wrote:Existing treestand can easily be carried around as is. Often carry tripod instead of treestand which comes in at 7.5 kg, have hunted carrying a treestand and also having a blind in equipment at the same time with max loadout available @ 20kg, I don't carry tents, equip what I need for what expect to meet in reserve. Why would I put up the existing stand when I know the radius of it's deployment spook? Why would I knowingly not make room for existing one if wanted to use it prior to the hunt? If animal was at 80m would be using trees/rocks for cover or going prone waiting for it.
Making the decisions what to take adds to the game for me it does not detract from it which I feel this lightweight treestand would.
Probably makes the game a lot easier but for me your suggestion does not add anything.
But again, if your willing to give up 5kg for a treestand and/or ground blind just bring a tent at that point then there is no "decision making".
and i already mentioned in my previous comment about weapon restrictions on competitions or even missions.
Bringing the guns you need for missions and a stand if you want to bring one plus any other guns you need to be able to hunt everything on the map efficiently isn't always possible.
Nathan22Outdoors
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Nathan112244 wrote:Bringing the guns you need for missions and a stand if you want to bring one plus any other guns you need to be able to hunt everything on the map efficiently isn't always possible.
Maybe it's because I don't grind missions, but I don't see that as an issue either. It's usually not hard for me to build a loadout that would help with me do a mission or two, and be able to kill every animal on the reserve. Just bring a bow if nothing else-- lightweight and can kill anything. From there I can bring another 1-2 weapons I might need. There are very few missions that require more than one weapon and in the event I'm doing one of those missions, I'll just go to a lodge or tent to swap out. I don't feel the need to carry weapons for several different missions with different gun requirements at the same time. If I did, I would just bring a tent to swap them out, as you said.
Nathan112244 wrote:sure you can have a normal treestand thats 5kg but at that point, id bring a whole tent.
I don't see why you would bring a tent in place of a stand if your goal is to stand hunt though. Yeah they're the same weight. But now you need to place your tent, get your stand, place your stand (hope you didn't put the tent to close to the tree you want to use, or have to redo those steps), shoot your animal, remove your stand, put it away, put away tent. You're adding extra steps for no benefit. Unless you plan to swap out all of your other gear frequently too. I don't play like that so again, no issue for me.

All I'm saying is that I can already carry a treestand and multiple weapons without any issue. I don't see why we need the extra weight other than to bring extra guns. And more guns at once just further takes away from the existing limited realism in that regard. If weight for a stand and having several weapons immediately available for missions is the concern, we already have an unrealistic solution for that-- carry a tent. So again, I just think it's an idea to solve a problem we don't really have.
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

Haven't come across any reserve in the EHR yet where can't carry the weapons for all animals as is with the current treestand & hunt "efficiently". As for missions attempting many of them or the whole pack in the same game is not an efficient way of doing them, only one you have to think about is the last WT mission but you can carry them all in 2 hunts, nor would being able to carry a lighter treestand make any difference given 7 weapons required but mission does not have an all in the same hunt requirement. Off the top of my head the only mission that requires you to use multiple weapons in the same hunt is Snowgoose "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow" x3 shotguns, which I wouldn't be doing from a treestand. Competitions a competition are there any that require multiple weapons to do? You can carry any rifle a bow, scopes, ammo, ancillary equipment and existing treestand as is within the game @ 20kg capacity.
Bow hunting is the most efficient way to hunt within the game as is, I just don't see any value from making bow hunting even easier, which the lighter stand would do given you want reduced spook radius as well as extra capacity.
Am not having a pop at you and like Ash can see where you are coming from with your suggestion but it's not for me.
That's my thoughts on it as you requested, if everyone thought the same then some are not thinking.
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

ogruls wrote:Haven't come across any reserve in the EHR yet where can't carry the weapons for all animals as is with the current treestand & hunt "efficiently". As for missions attempting many of them or the whole pack in the same game is not an efficient way of doing them, only one you have to think about is the last WT mission but you can carry them all in 2 hunts, nor would being able to carry a lighter treestand make any difference given 7 weapons required but mission does not have an all in the same hunt requirement. Off the top of my head the only mission that requires you to use multiple weapons in the same hunt is Snowgoose "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow" x3 shotguns, which I wouldn't be doing from a treestand. Competitions a competition are there any that require multiple weapons to do? You can carry any rifle a bow, scopes, ammo, ancillary equipment and existing treestand as is within the game @ 20kg capacity.
Bow hunting is the most efficient way to hunt within the game as is, I just don't see any value from making bow hunting even easier, which the lighter stand would do given you want reduced spook radius as well as extra capacity.
Am not having a pop at you and like Ash can see where you are coming from with your suggestion but it's not for me.
That's my thoughts on it as you requested, if everyone thought the same then some are not thinking.
I obviously don't mean single comps that use multiple weapons, i mean multiple comps on a single map (because some people enter all the comps for the different species) so if its a map like VDB, and you have the 19th century red comp on and the one where it requires the harvest out of a stand or tripod, both of these run at the same time. Now at that point, if there is any other comp on the whole reserve with a weapon or caliber restriction, along with having a bow because that's essential then a 3rd slot .22 for euro rabbits, your inventory is limited.
Its not about if this is needed in game its about if people want it, if this game was only about what people needed there wouldn't be over 100 different weapons and colour variations of weapons.
4 different colour options for a jeep or even the 10 different colours of tents you could have.
Not everyone hunts like you, some people do comps and missions simultaneously. and at the end of the day, if this were added. you could still use the current treestand you have and current loadout because it doesnt effect you the slightest bit.
Nathan22Outdoors

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”