New Treestand

ogruls
Outfitter

Re: New Treestand

Post by ogruls »

Nathan112244 wrote:
I obviously don't mean single comps that use multiple weapons, i mean multiple comps on a single map (because some people enter all the comps for the different species)so if its a map like VDB, and you have the 19th century red comp on and the one where it requires the harvest out of a stand or tripod, both of these run at the same time. Now at that point, if there is any other comp on the whole reserve with a weapon or caliber restriction, along with having a bow because that's essential then a 3rd slot .22 for euro rabbits, your inventory is limited.
Its not about if this is needed in game its about if people want it, if this game was only about what people needed there wouldn't be over 100 different weapons and colour variations of weapons.
4 different colour options for a jeep or even the 10 different colours of tents you could have.
Not everyone hunts like you, some people do comps and missions simultaneously. and at the end of the day, if this were added. you could still use the current treestand you have and current loadout because it doesnt effect you the slightest bit.

https://www.thehunter.com/#store/item/730
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

ogruls wrote:
Nathan112244 wrote:
I obviously don't mean single comps that use multiple weapons, i mean multiple comps on a single map (because some people enter all the comps for the different species)so if its a map like VDB, and you have the 19th century red comp on and the one where it requires the harvest out of a stand or tripod, both of these run at the same time. Now at that point, if there is any other comp on the whole reserve with a weapon or caliber restriction, along with having a bow because that's essential then a 3rd slot .22 for euro rabbits, your inventory is limited.
Its not about if this is needed in game its about if people want it, if this game was only about what people needed there wouldn't be over 100 different weapons and colour variations of weapons.
4 different colour options for a jeep or even the 10 different colours of tents you could have.
Not everyone hunts like you, some people do comps and missions simultaneously. and at the end of the day, if this were added. you could still use the current treestand you have and current loadout because it doesnt effect you the slightest bit.

Wow good one, so instead of buying a new beneficial stand you advise buying a dog for 999 em then a backpack for 450. so then you can carry a stand plus your weapons,
then place the stand just to have your dog laying down 20m away ready to spook something coming in, basically countering the whole reason to have the stand in the first place.
Nathan22Outdoors
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

Nathan112244 wrote:
ogruls wrote:
Nathan112244 wrote:

Wow good one, so instead of buying a new beneficial stand you advise buying a dog for 999 em then a backpack for 450. so then you can carry a stand plus your weapons,
then place the stand just to have your dog laying down 20m away ready to spook something coming in, basically countering the whole reason to have the stand in the first place.
I still don't see your stand adding to what can already be accomplished in the game nor do I see it being beneficial. As for dogs spooking I think a lot of players blame the dog for their mistakes or not being able to control their dog as using wrong commands TBH. Only animal I have found to get spooked consistently by a dog is Turkey. Don't use the f6 "lay" command use the f7 "stay" command to control your dog.
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

ogruls wrote:
Nathan112244 wrote:
I still don't see your stand adding to what can already be accomplished in the game nor do I see it being beneficial. As for dogs spooking I think a lot of players blame the dog for their mistakes or not being able to control their dog as using wrong commands TBH. Only animal I have found to get spooked consistently by a dog is Turkey. Don't use the f6 "lay" command use the f7 "stay" command to control your dog.
That's a singleplayer glitch. but nice one. same reason ducks and geese don't flee from a dog retrieve in sp but flee in MP as they should.
Nathan22Outdoors
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I've never once had my dog spook any animal while in the stay position (excluding turkeys-- they've never worked with a dog). Not on singleplayer, not on multiplayer, and I have about equal playtime in both. My friend and I frequently hunt together in multiplayer, both with our dogs, often in a double man treestand but sometimes just prone on the ground, and never have animals flee from us unless we let them get to close to us (typically bow hunting when we're together, so we like close shots so we can double up). The dogs are irrelevant to wildlife if staying. Whether you've just had really crappy luck in that regard or we've just had perpetually good luck with all the times we've done it, I don't know. But from my own experience, I'd argue that it's a "single player glitch only" day and night.

Dogs are fantastic pack mules, if nothing else in the game. I use them frequently for exactly that purpose and can typically bring up to 4 weapons plus a stand with one. I didn't want to bring them into the conversation as they're another separate expense. But then I guess a whole different stand would be too.
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

You can also put high-weight items like rifles and shotguns in the trunk of the car (Park or Range Rover is it called?).

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”