Backpack for arid & alpine camo

ACSoft

Backpack for arid & alpine camo

Post by ACSoft »

Devs, I cannot find adequate backpack for either arid & alpine camo.

Why not to associate these camo to adequate existing backpacks, so that it is possible to obtain 100% camo (environment camo app having all items in green), almost in the meantime you may create new backpacks for these camo ?

Are-you going to create these backpacks ?

This would be a good idea, as for now, it is apparently impossible to obtain 100% camo in these particular environments.

Thanks in forward to take this request in consideration.
Hynu
Tracker

Re: Backpack for arid & alpine camo

Post by Hynu »

Do you need a backpack ? I mean to achieve full camo...surely if you dont wear one the clothing alone can provide full camo?
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

IIRC, you need 5 items of the appropriate camo to achieve the max camo effect. This was implemented before the backpacks were released, so I'm not sure how the backpacks fit in.
I assume if you have all 5 items of an outfit, and add the backpack of the same camo that it has no effect.
Not sure if you have 4 items & add the backpack. I would assume that then the backpack would add to the existing effect.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
ACSoft

Post by ACSoft »

It is a simple question of consitency:

You have a tool with the huntermate which indicate all about camo. This app (G key with huntermate activated) display the hunter clothing INCLUDED the backpack. So, common sense say that to have 100% camo effect, you must have ALL clothing element active (green color). Unfortunately actually, it is IMPOSSIBLE with arid & alpine camo which is obviously an inconsitency of the game.

Personnaly, I have discovered the huntermate camo tool only recently, because until yet, I thought it was a game and never tried to use it (lol !!!). Now, I use this tool quite often and find it really useful. With it, I realized that I had several clothing which were not 100% because of the backpack. So, I buyed several new backpacks which allowed me to get 100% camo clothing for all camo, except for those mentionned and again, this is really not consistent ! I mean, if backpack wearing has no influences on the camo effect, why, in this case, to have added it in the huntermate camo tool ? Now, if backpack HAS an influence on the camo effect, which I believe, I think it is legitime to want to be able to have 100% camo with all camo types.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

EW never really explained how camo works. Visual reduction of an item can be "legendary" for example and no one knows what it means compared to "very good". I am not saying they messed up. They don't explain on purpose. It is part of their strategy.

The best we have regarding backpacks might be this:
Not only cool and stylish, but also adding to your concealment.
http://news.thehunter.com/status-update-239

What ever that means...
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
deerman30
Tracker

Post by deerman30 »

HooCairs wrote:EW never really explained how camo works. Visual reduction of an item can be "legendary" for example and no one knows what it means compared to "very good". I am not saying they messed up. They don't explain on purpose. It is part of their strategy.
I've been using camo for the majority of my play time. If I could at least give an idea about this system, I'd say this:

I think this "camo system" is just from a top-down perspective. there's really nothing camo-like about the camouflage right now. in reality, it's supposed to displace your humanlike figure and blend it into the background. what the game does is consider the hunter as a part of the environment, if he or she is wearing any camo. it's not really hiding the hunter, but instead minimizing the distance required to spook animals. Camo mode on the huntermate is just telling the player whether they are in the green; the good-to-go. But even if the player is in the "good to go" zone, there's at least this area of effect where even with a ghillie suit the animals can see you. it's almost like they have the same spotting abilities the player has, where instead of it reading the animals name, sex, etc., it is your name and your outline being blown out. the animals should not have any ability that is similar to this. But, because there have not been any recent announcements of how, if, and/or when the system will be changed, this phenomenon happens anyway. this "top-down" perspective may be ideal, and maybe even realistic for waterfowl hunting. it sure isn't for the other non-airborne species.

Anyway, that is my piece of the pie.

I Love Big Racks
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

deerman30 wrote:
HooCairs wrote:EW never really explained how camo works. Visual reduction of an item can be "legendary" for example and no one knows what it means compared to "very good". I am not saying they messed up. They don't explain on purpose. It is part of their strategy.
I've been using camo for the majority of my play time. If I could at least give an idea about this system, I'd say this:

I think this "camo system" is just from a top-down perspective. there's really nothing camo-like about the camouflage right now. in reality, it's supposed to displace your humanlike figure and blend it into the background. what the game does is consider the hunter as a part of the environment, if he or she is wearing any camo. it's not really hiding the hunter, but instead minimizing the distance required to spook animals. Camo mode on the huntermate is just telling the player whether they are in the green; the good-to-go. But even if the player is in the "good to go" zone, there's at least this area of effect where even with a ghillie suit the animals can see you. it's almost like they have the same spotting abilities the player has, where instead of it reading the animals name, sex, etc., it is your name and your outline being blown out. the animals should not have any ability that is similar to this. But, because there have not been any recent announcements of how, if, and/or when the system will be changed, this phenomenon happens anyway. this "top-down" perspective may be ideal, and maybe even realistic for waterfowl hunting. it sure isn't for the other non-airborne species.

Anyway, that is my piece of the pie.
You could be right on how it works. Just remember that seeing is not the only way for the animal to detect you. There is also smelling and hearing. Maybe you do fully blend into the environment and you can reduce visual detection to zero, but the other factors will not let the entire detection go to zero.

There was a session called "Ask me anything" and player asked game designer Björn about the camo.
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=54210

He didn't explain much but some.

Question: What exactly means "forest area"? Its places near trees, green zones at the maps, or what? How i can know exactly where my 3d forest camo works?
Answer: Any area with a lot of trees. Avoid things like roads, fields and beaches.

Question: We have info on clothing descriptions in words "some, moderate, above moderate, fairly good, good, excellent". How much these descriptions have difference of effect between them? Its like "1,2,3,4,5,6" or "1,5,20,50,90,150"? Please tell about that more.
Answer: It’s fairly linear, 1,2,3,4 etc. is more accurate than 1,5,20...
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ACSoft

Post by ACSoft »

Guys, very interesting discussion, but unfortunately out of my subject !

What ever behaviors in AI camo system is implemented, if it is working well or not, even if it is totally fake (which I really doubt), the absence of these 2 backpacks is an obvious inconsistency of the actual implementation of this system in this game and I just ask to the devs they correct this.

I first made a support ticket to ask for this and they answer that it would be good if I create a thread in this forum, because devs often read it. So I did it.

So guys, if you share my opinion that 2 more backpacks for a 100% consistency with the actual camo system and the app camo of the huntermate is not a bad idea and probably very easy to do, moreover something which could bring a bit more revenue, please support my demand here !!!

Thanks in forward !

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”