Increase the carry limit please

Braylin50
Tracker

Increase the carry limit please

Post by Braylin50 »

After slogging through the EHR for 8 years, I am much stronger now. Please let me carry more gear with me on a hunt, say an increase of 10lbs. With the amount of equipment in the game now, I find the carry limit of 20lbs, maybe a bit more more with a dog, a hindrance on almost every hunt. Thoughts?
fantamichele
Outfitter

Re: Increase the carry limit please

Post by fantamichele »

It has been asked many times to increase the load capacity from 20 kg to 25 kg.
EW's answer was to put a bag on the dog for a transport of 5 kg (in this way it became a mule).
The car has just come out, it has a load capacity of 5 Kg + the dog with another 5 Kg, in this way you can reach 30 kg of payload.
The problem is that you have to put the gas in the car, give the biscuits to the dog, use the water to avoid dehydration and, if you're lucky, you can see an animal. :D
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

I have 3 weapons with me, callers, dog and a tent. With the change that a player can slap down a tent in a multiplayer game, provided the map still has room for 1, changed the loadouts in a sense that in my opinnion everyone should always carry a tent with them and hosts should not have max 8 tents up in a map but 7 so other players can access theirs. This way you literally have everything you own with you.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
Ceres

Post by Ceres »

Andhii wrote:in my opinnion everyone should always carry a tent with them
I never saw the need to carry a tent in all these years.
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

Ceres wrote:
Andhii wrote:in my opinnion everyone should always carry a tent with them
I never saw the need to carry a tent in all these years.
Indeed, it's very typical situation where you need more than 20 kg. You might need to carry 4-5 weapons if you want to participate in ALL active competitions on a reserve. For example, WHI currently has a competition for BT using slug ammo, Coyote and RE with a bow, Turkey with a muzzleloader, and also WT with a crossbow. If you add ammo, sights, callers etc, you'd finish with 25-30 kg of a load.

Ok, for WHI you know that WT is at the south and BT is at the north, so you can save on a load by switching it in a tent somewhere in the middle, and similar rule works on each map, but do you really want to lose your chance in a competition if trophy size animal is spotted in 'wrong' place?

Well, if you do not plan to participate in any competition this day, it's definitely Ok to travel with single bow and a couple of callers.

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”