100m circle for hunter mate

nachthexe
Hunter

100m circle for hunter mate

Post by nachthexe »

I would really like a thin red circle at a radius of 100m on the hunter mate. It would make distance guessing a lot easier and also help with considering the risks of setting up certain equipment.
Code: Select all
BearJohnson
Hunter

Re: 100m circle for hunter mate

Post by BearJohnson »

agreed
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

I don't know if you are asking us what we think , but i'll take a chance in giving my opinion on this .

The hunterMate is already soooo outdated and bad , services / options wise , that i would like to see other things incorporated in it , instead of the red circle you're talking about .
I still have the desire to estimate distances , analyse situations , etc . It's all about experience also . You need to feel , experience some stuff to be good at them with time .Field judging in the game is part of the thrill , for me anyway .Which in my book , is pretty much a big part of hunting , IRL anyway .
Making it that much more easier would take out some of the fun. It would make for lazy hunters , at some point .
How easy do we want this game to be , in the end ?
tyvm

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

The screen is 440m wide, so a good rule of thumb is if it's halfway to the edge or more, it's safe to put up your equipment.
You have to interpolate a little if it's not due N,E,S,W, but you just imagine a circle and you will usually be right.
Some kind of map scale would be nice.

I too would really like to see some more realistic improvements. tracks & routes, savable way-points, elevation, at least one more zoom level, and a better topo map.

Now the ability to put a dot on the map with your binoculars & spotting scope is pretty unrealistic. But it compensates for the inability to accurately estimate distances visually without depth perception, so I think it's an acceptable compromise.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I would like to see colored or white rings from calls. Old eyes, hard to see in the mountains when the rings have a good chance to be on shadows, or the icon of a lodge or tent. Also, for estimating 100 meters. From the white dot inside the arrow icon, to the outside edge of the tip, is 50-51 meters. Memorize that, and then just look to see if animals calls are twice that amount, or more.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I think a revamp of the HM with this and other functions would be great, the old "mate" has been untouched for years. But letting that aside a work around to estimate distance when getting a call is:

1_ Open map and place the red dot in the call.
2_ Use the draw function and draw a straight line from you to the call area, that will provide you "distance of travel" that you can use to know if is at 100mts or more.
3_ Always remember than between you and the calling animals can be other undetected animals, and if they are closer to 100mts to you they will run, and may spook the other animals in the area.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

VonStratos wrote:I think a revamp of the HM with this and other functions would be great, the old "mate" has been untouched for years. But letting that aside a work around to estimate distance when getting a call is:

1_ Open map and place the red dot in the call.
2_ Use the draw function and draw a straight line from you to the call area, that will provide you "distance of travel" that you can use to know if is at 100mts or more.
3_ Always remember than between you and the calling animals can be other undetected animals, and if they are closer to 100mts to you they will run, and may spook the other animals in the area.
You don't have to do #2. Just put your cursor on the red dot, and it will show the distance, without a line. (the distance is shown as a percentage of km, just remove the dot in your mind and it will be the number of meters)

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”