More Deployable Targets & Related Equipment

22SAS_Wimp
Tracker

More Deployable Targets & Related Equipment

Post by 22SAS_Wimp »

Hi EW,

While setting up my own custom ranges on some of the reserves using the Deployable Targets, I've been finding the need for the following equipment, and so I would like to share these suggestions. ;)

1. Moving Field Target
I would like to have Field Targets (ie this type - https://www.thehunter.com/#store/item/876 ) that move, to simulate game in motion. I think 3 height variations would be cool - low, medium & high - which would simulate small game like rabbits, medium-sized game like deer, and flying game like geese. I would also like it if the player could decide when placing these targets: a) the speed that the target travels; b) the direction that the target travels; c) the distance that the target travels (maybe a maximum of 20m or 50m or something).

2. Clay Traps
I would like to place my own clay/skeet traps to practice shooting birds and waterfowl with shotguns on reserves that don't already have a Clay Range. I would like the player to be able to decide when placing the trap, the height and direction that the clay is launched in or leave it on random. If the player chooses to place multiple traps I also think the player should get to decide which traps can be triggered at/from which Shooting Mats (maybe a "within a radius of 200m" or something would need to apply), and the order in which the traps would fire - altogether, random, left-to-right, in the order they were placed, etc.

3. Pattern Plates
I would like to be able to place Pattern Plates so that the shot pattern (including the spread) of shotguns can be tested. (For those who don't know - typically, a Pattern Plate or Pattern Board is a metal or wooden board stood vertically, over which a paper target is placed, which will show how the shot from a shotgun spreads out from the barrel.) I find it difficult to know, when shooting at waterfowl especially, whether I'm missing because I'm aiming too high, not high enough, not leading the target enough or leading too much. Therefore, the Pattern Plates would specifically need to show the spread of Birdshot, the "bullet holes" of which the other Deployable Targets don't show (AFAIK).

4. Some way of placing a target at an exact distance from a Shooting Mat
Currently, placing Deployable Targets at a desired distance from a Shooting Mat in order for the "shot distance" stat to match with any nearby Target Marker Flag is an utter pain - when I want a target to be 200m (for eg) from a shooting mat, I have to: use the Range Finder Binoculars to locate a spot on the ground that is 200m away and use the "place waypoint" feature of the binos to mark that spot; equip the HunterMate and run to the rough location of the waypoint spot on the HM's minimap; place the deployable target as best as I can on that waypoint; run back to the shooting mat and use the Range Finders again to check the distance to the just placed target; run back to the target and pick it up to move it a guesstimated 1 or 2m or whatever is required according to the range finder check; run back to the mat and check the range finder again; repeat until the desired distance is shown on the range finder; fire a test shot at the target to see if the "shot distance" is exact; run back to the target and move it a guesstimated 0.3 or 0.7m or whatever; run back to the mat and fire another test shot; repeat until exactly 200m is shown as the shot distance... or until the will to live is lost and the target shot stats forever remain as 199.8m. :p
I don't really know how this can be improved though. The only thing I can think of is to allow the deployable targets to be placed WHILE STANDING ON the shooting mat - so the player would "enter" the mat, equip the desired target while still "in" the mat, scroll the mouse wheel until the desired distance is shown, and then either the player can left click to place the target at that distance from the mat (which, I admit, is a little immersion-breaking), or the "ghost image" of the target stays at the chosen location & distance and the player has to run up to the ghost image where left clicking will place the target at that location.

I hope these all get considered... especially 3 & 4 please thank you please. ;)

Cheers for reading.

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”