Trapper Tent Suggestion

HonzoChu
Tracker

Trapper Tent Suggestion

Post by HonzoChu »

Someone may have suggested this before, if so, I'm sorry to have bought it up again... ;-)

The image last week that had "Doc's shed" with the "Trapper Tent" shown on it had a tripod firepit in front of it. My suggestion would be to add this firepit "Along with" the Trapper Tent's geography/framework (animated fire, up to you) and then sell it as a "Heated Tent". I think this would be a great look for the Whiterime Ridge reservation. So please give the "Trapper Heated Tent" some consideration ;-)

Thanks,
Honzo
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Trapper Tent Suggestion

Post by caledonianblues »

I think it has been suggested before, but regardless, it's a good suggestion and would most likely result in a good number of sales.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

A little problem is that you spawn right in the fire when starting at this tent, because you always spawn in front of the entrance.

Since we have loadouts and can choose clothes before the hunt starts, those heated tents have practically lost their value. You dress for arctic winter, spawn in to a normal tent and get going.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
HonzoChu
Tracker

Post by HonzoChu »

HooCairs wrote:A little problem is that you spawn right in the fire when starting at this tent, because you always spawn in front of the entrance.
Since we have loadouts and can choose clothes before the hunt starts, those heated tents have practically lost their value. You dress for arctic winter, spawn in to a normal tent and get going.
1. "A little problem is that you spawn right in the fire when starting at this tent" - OK, I'm not a programmer, but I don't believe this is correct. Once you do the geometic framing/shape of the firepit, you need to attach that frame to the frame of the tent. It then becomes one object. When you spawn in at this object, you should actually be in front of the firepit, not in it ;-) Just like the current heated tents that have the fly cover attached to the front of the regular tent. When you spawn in you are in front of the fly cover, not in it ;-)

2. "Since we have loadouts and can choose clothes before the hunt starts, those heated tents have practically lost their value. You dress for arctic winter, spawn in to a normal tent and get going." - You are going to have to teach me how to do this ;-) This suggests that you can change your clothing loadout "before" you enter a game reserve? If that where the case, why do you even need a heated tent? Of course you can start at a lodge and change your clothes, but if you want to start at a tent location, according to wiki: "You will not suffer from hypothermia when starting at this type of tent [a heated tent] with non-arctic clothes. You will however suffer from it [hypothermia] when starting at regular tents [a non-heated tent], even if you immediately switch to arctic clothes." So, the way I understand that to mean is, anyone who wants to start at a tent (meaning a regular tent, not a heated tent) and not at a lodge, would suffer hypothermia and die.

Ah.... Just had a thought. Maybe you meant start at a lodge, change to artic clothes, then fast travel (spawn) to a regular tent. OK, my answer to that is, "I'm cheap!" lol. I don't want to waste 3-4 camping supplies everytime I go to Whiterime Ridge ;-)

Honzo
--------------------------------------------------------
So, I've been playing theHunter Classic for less than a year now and I just want to say thank you to everyone involved with this game. I'm not a hunter in real life, never have been on a hunt of any type, but this game lets me pretend that I could be... lol

And thank you to you also HooCairs for all the hard work you do on the theHunter wiki and other areas. I've learned a lot of great tricks and tips from you ;-)
--------------------------------------------------------
Update - I just looked at the reg. tent and the heated teat. The designs are a bit differant, but I still think my assumption in item 1 above is correct ;-)
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Well, currently when you start, you stand pretty much in the fire place. That could certainly be changed.
HonzoChu wrote:You are going to have to teach me how to do this ;-) This suggests that you can change your clothing loadout "before" you enter a game reserve? If that where the case, why do you even need a heated tent?
You can buy "loadouts".
Single: https://www.thehunter.com/#store/item/811
5-pack: https://www.thehunter.com/#store/bundle/293
11-pack: https://www.thehunter.com/#store/bundle/294

You can then save your entire loadout in the game, i.e. screen 1 with weapons, screen 2 with equipment, screen 3 with clothes, and the dog as well. Once saved and named, you can select this loadout in the launcher alongside the reserve and start time. Very handy. :)

The heated tent was introduced about two years ago with the Whiterime Ridge reserve. Starting at normal tents with the wrong clothes would make you start freezing soon. The loadouts were added later, rendering the heated tents useless in case you own loadouts.
Spoiler:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

I know 1 reason why a heated tent is needed in WRR.... and that is because when hunting Polar Bears out on the Ice Floes and they have cracks that let you accidently step into places that look like
it is frozen but then you start shivering to no end.... Instead of going back to a lodge and you have a tent placed closer to where you are hunting then getting back to that spot doesn't take as long,...
But I also have another thought now that we are going to get a transport,... and I wonder if it will be able to be drivable on the Ice Floes?
I'm sure there will be a lot of players who want to try it out on the ice,.. and may also even be able to try out more shivering ................ :lol:
Waterproof boots were not on the minds of the Devs when Ice Floes were introduced. They definitely had that one figured out to get us to buy Heated Tents.

As far as a Trapper Tent being heated? Any heat source is good to have even if it's a campfire, and thinking back a few years I did have a buddy slip & fall into a stream pool when
we were up in the mountains in our younger days and I started a fire to dry him & his clothes out to save the day. So a campfire can work in cold
weather conditions to warm you up. After that happened I would pack along an extra change of dry clothes for such emergencies. But yeah, the Trapper Tent
would be nice if it was considered to have a campfire with it to be in the Heated category...... ;)
HonzoChu
Tracker

Post by HonzoChu »

HooCairs wrote:Well, currently when you start, you stand pretty much in the fire place. That could certainly be changed.
Really? I don't own a Trapper Tent yet. But looking at the pic of it in theHunter store, there is no firepit outside of it. So I thought that the firepit that was part of the "Doc's Shed" picture was just an artistic addition. That is what prompted me to start this thread. If the normal Trapper Tent has no firepit, add the firepit and sell as a heated tent ;-)

HooCairs wrote:You can then save your entire loadout in the game...
Yep. I have a few loadouts. Even have one especially set up for Whiterime Ridge :)

HooCairs wrote:Once saved and named, you can select this loadout in the launcher alongside the reserve and start time. Very handy. :)
I did not know this! I haven't had my loadouts for very long and have never noticed them in the launcher. But I will certinly look for them now the next time I get ready to enter a reserve. Thanks HooCairs ;-)

Honzo

See... I'm still learning from you... lol

PS: Thanks for you comments gas56 and caledonianblues :)
HonzoChu
Tracker

Post by HonzoChu »

Just curious, does anyone have an in-game pic of the Trapper Tent that they would be willing to post here?

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Spoiler:
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

HooCairs wrote:Well, currently when you start, you stand pretty much in the fire place. That could certainly be changed.
Well then you probably shouldn't get cold. ;)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”