Hunting Horn Signals

Mokesz

Hunting Horn Signals

Post by Mokesz »

Greetings fellow hunters!

I bought a hunting horn lately and I'm a bit disappointed because there's very few signals you can use. Well I'm from Hungary and we have a lots of traditional hunting signals I would love to have in the game. We have common signals (like: "Greetings"; "Start of the hunt" ; "End of the Hunt", "Halali" etc..) and signals of death of the game as well (like: "Death of the Roe Deer" ; "Death of the Wild Boar" ; "Death of the Predator" etc...)

All species of game have their own signal to give respect to them after the hunt. It's like if we pray to their soul to get blessed in the afterlife.
Halali come from three latin word "ha la lit" wich means "Oh here he/she lays". We use Halali after the Death signal of all the taken game has been heard.
I can upload or send in e-mail all of the signals (in clear studio recording played one horn) if it needs!

I also link a few (but these ar not clear recordings):
Death of the Wild Boar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JNGT7RD_kQ

Death of the Roe Deer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuZ3Iiy ... ytKm5AeXWe

Thanks for reading my toughts and sorry for my bad english!
Mokán Márton
Professional Hunter & Forester
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Hunting Horn Signals

Post by Fletchette »

Here in the States we have these newfangled gizmos called cell phones.... :P
Personal Bests...
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Post by MooseHunter330 »

I agree completely. Hornblowing is a big part of European hunting culture and I do not like the way it is portrayed at the moment.
Having the correct signals would be a good start towards a more realistic depiction.
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

If you want this game to be realistic, you have to apply it to everything, not just some things.
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Post by MooseHunter330 »

Maybe realistic is the wrong word. Authentic would describe it better now that I think of it.
The "if this is realistic, everything else has to be" is a very strange argument if applied to video games. Of course some deductions from realism have to be made for gameplay purposes.
These horn signals, however, do not infringe on gameplay whatsoever, but still break the immersion for a big group of people.
To be quite frank, this reminds me of another recent "realism" debate concerning a certain video game and it's portrayal of a historic episode.
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
Mokesz

Post by Mokesz »

I agree with MooseHunter. It's not about realism. It would be respect show for hunting traditions. Have to admit that traditions don't get attention in the game in turn it's a really important thing to the european hunter's feelings. Besides you pay 350 em$ for a horn, and you get 4 signals...
Mokán Márton
Professional Hunter & Forester
OrLoko
Spotter

Post by OrLoko »

In addition to that, I think the hunting horn deserve it's own wheel of actions

It would be easier to use and have more space for extra songs
WHAT IS THE POINT OF BEEN "OUTDOOR PROOF" IF THE PROBLEM WAS INSIDE THE WHOLE TIME
STATS
Spoiler:

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”