Why can't we have 3D deployable targets for archery

JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Why can't we have 3D deployable targets for archery

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Although the new deployable targets are great for rifles, they are not worth anything for archery. If you shot from the RFF range, you know they already created 3D targets. So my question is why not make these targets deployable and available for sale and why not make the turkey decoy into a deployable target also? It would be great to be able to create our own 3D ranges and competitions also.
Violator31
Outfitter

Re: Why can't we have 3D deployable targets for archery

Post by Violator31 »

Equipped with treestands, tripods, deployable towers,...etc.
Should fall right in line with the new targets.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

They'd need to fix the bear in terms of telling us where organs are, but I'm totally down for this. Would be awesome.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

It feels like it will come something like this sooner or later down the road.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

When I first heard "Deployable Targets" I thought 3D targets like at the AA range. I was pretty disappointed when the silhouettes were released. :(

I have a practice range set up with targets out to 1000m. (I'm hoping they will eventually work over 500m).

But I'm really hoping they release 3D targets for all of the animal species.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

I would be surprised if they werent seriously considering something like this right now. They've proven they can do it & I believe many of us would in fact setup our own 3d ranges (I know I would) so its a almost guaranteed revenue stream. The only question is how much effort will it take them to do it? If its allot then we might be left with nothing but wishes.

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Tod1d wrote:
I have a practice range set up with targets out to 1000m. (I'm hoping they will eventually work over 500m).
1000m??? Thats optomistic! LOL unless they allow us to change our zero range you talkin about some serious Kentucky elevation there!

FWIW my longest gong is at 590m & I cant seem to land a hit on it. The one at 430m I can knock the center out of all day long. I "think" my dope on the drop is good but I just cant seem to hit it.

RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

SoftShoe wrote:
Tod1d wrote:
1000m??? Thats optomistic! LOL unless they allow us to change our zero range you talkin about some serious Kentucky elevation there!

FWIW my longest gong is at 590m & I cant seem to land a hit on it. The one at 430m I can knock the center out of all day long. I "think" my dope on the drop is good but I just cant seem to hit it.
Until and if they fix the bullet de-spawning you will never hit it even at 500m as that is the point the bullet despawns
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

RidgeBack69 wrote: Until and if they fix the bullet de-spawning you will never hit it even at 500m as that is the point the bullet despawns
Thx, I musta missed the post about the bullet despawning. That makes me feel better, I dont suck as bad as I thought :lol:

INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

I am definitely in favor of this one. For starters, just the Targets already at the range would be great, with maybe more down the road. Even the deployable turkey decoys could be converted to 3D targets for shorter Bow shots. Keeping my fingers crossed for fast action on this one.
Spoiler:

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”