Deployable targets!!!

INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Re: Deployable targets!!!

Post by INTIMID883R »

All the targets work very well for rifle shooting, but us poor old lower class Bow Hunters sure got left out in the cold. Would be nice If we had a few to setup a field range for comps.
3 D would be amazing, and you already have the models, we just need to be able to place them. Or heck, I would even help you set one up permanent so everyone could use it. It is really awesome walking a trail thru the woods with a range setup at different distances, with everything from small to large game. And great for comps.
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

First quick thoughts : on round targets ...negative .
- Needing to be close to them, as a guest ,to be able to see an already installed setup , and then come back to the mat is not efficient at all ( or is that only with my games and my friends )
- Not being able to put them on frozen lakes , like in WRR , is not good .I wanted to put some in a nice white background view area and the big lake there was a perfect place .
- Having them disappear in the ground , in some locations , is bad .As you move away , the melt in the ground .
- Would be cool , if i could erase the holes after couple shots .Reset the target for another shooting session of a friend lets say .
tyvm

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

INTIMID883R wrote:All the targets work very well for rifle shooting, but us poor old lower class Bow Hunters sure got left out in the cold. Would be nice If we had a few to setup a field range for comps.
3 D would be amazing, and you already have the models, we just need to be able to place them. Or heck, I would even help you set one up permanent so everyone could use it. It is really awesome walking a trail thru the woods with a range setup at different distances, with everything from small to large game. And great for comps.
A 3D course would be awesome
DYEUZ wrote:First quick thoughts : on round targets ...negative .
- Needing to be close to them, as a guest ,to be able to see an already installed setup , and then come back to the mat is not efficient at all ( or is that only with my games and my friends )
- Not being able to put them on frozen lakes , like in WRR , is not good .I wanted to put some in a nice white background view area and the big lake there was a perfect place .
- Having them disappear in the ground , in some locations , is bad .As you move away , the melt in the ground .
- Would be cool , if i could erase the holes after couple shots .Reset the target for another shooting session of a friend lets say .
tyvm
I agree with all this but it happens on all targets not just the round ones.
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I read somewhere, that if you leave the mat, the holes will go. (your holes)

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

stancomputerhunter wrote:I read somewhere, that if you leave the mat, the holes will go. (your holes)
Hmmm, did not work for me so far !

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

DaveyCockett
Tracker

Post by DaveyCockett »

I have shot from the mat, gone to the target and moved it further back and the holes were still in the target when placed. As well as when I got back in the mat. But they do go away after a certain amount of shots I assume to keep from rendering.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

...exactly . So a function of '' erasing them '' , before any other players goes and does his series of practice , should be implemented .
Like we can erase / delete all stats of the '' shooting range data '' , we should reset the targets also .

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

DaveyCockett
Tracker

Post by DaveyCockett »

TK posted a run down about it in another forum. https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=87465
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

DaveyCockett wrote:TK posted a run down about it in another forum. https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=87465
Yes, i know , but not about the holes being there longer than i want them to be .Nothing mentioned about when the holes vanishes .

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

I'm about to buy some more unmarked flags, and a few more targets and make a trail in Whitehart. Hiding the animals in the bushes at different ranges and only a flag to mark that there is a target somewhere in the vicinity.

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”