Deployable targets!!!

DaveyCockett
Tracker

Deployable targets!!!

Post by DaveyCockett »

I know they have not been released yet. When watching the video release of them I had an idea. I do not know how they react to being shot. but if we can get the small ones like the rabbit to fall when hit in the kill zone. I promise you I will buy 51 of them and set up a field target match.

If this was done I can promise an influx in purchase of the targets and the air rifle. And more if you would be so kind to add them. Field target is world famous in most countries. But for those of you who do not know what it is I will break it down for you and add a link if I can. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBqOyGwCWwk

Field target is a form of shooting competition with the worlds being held somewhere new and exciting every year. And if you win or even place you are held in high regard as an excellent marksman. The metal quarry while bland looking most of the time just being a single color face plate and contrasting target paddle. It is so very enjoyable and difficult at the same time. Some people paint the targets to resemble the shape of the animal on them.

The goal in field target is to shoot through a variable size hole at different ranges, to hit a paddle and knock down the face plate. You guys made the rabbit targets perfect for this. If you hit the red zone you made the whole target would fall over. We have strings to pull and reset them but you could just put them on a timer.

The worlds and most courses are set with 50 targets one shot per target but if we are limited on how many we can deploy please make it at least 25. So I can set a match for two shots per target.

This would also be a great chance to tweak the trajectory on the air rifle or all of the guns for more drop. This would make ranging and hitting targets harder and much more fun in the game its self and in the field target matches I will hold.

Speaking of ranging the targets. On the air rifle scope the zoom of the scope should be smooth like the spotting scope and at different ranges become clear or fuzzy. This should be a skill you gain over time and shooting. The higher skill level the more accurate the ranging. This can also be done by putting higher and lower end scopes for more revenue.

I promise if you guys look into this being a part of the game you will reach a whole new and very large crowed. And would bring in so many more people of all ages who don't get to hunt because of laws in place.

I have so much more to add but I want you guys to really think about this because it would make this game go way over the top. And you would have people waiting for comps I know at least 100 Americans alone that would buy the stuff and memberships just to have a field target game.
Exploatores

Re: Deployable targets!!!

Post by Exploatores »

I want to have the big deers as targets to practice +300m shooting and maybe a large white square with a black circle. other animals would work too both front and side.
DaveyCockett
Tracker

Post by DaveyCockett »

Exploatores wrote:I want to have the big deers as targets to practice +300m shooting and maybe a large white square with a black circle. other animals would work too both front and side.
I am excited to use them as well. Not trying to be rude but please do not change the topic in this forum I am really trying to get them to do this. If done we would have a large player growth. There is no field target game out period.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

DaveyCockett wrote:I promise you I will buy 51 of them and set up a field target match.
This would be good fun! I have shot field target myself a number of times & it is indeed a great deal of fun. I even toyed with starting my own field target range on my farm. I gave up on the idea because I really dont have the room for parking more then 20-30 cars unless they 4x4's.

In any case, I too would love to see a field target range for Classic.

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

DaveyCockett wrote:When watching the video release of them I had an idea. I do not know how they react to being shot.
How did you manage to watch the stream and not see how the targets react to being shot? :)
DaveyCockett wrote:I am excited to use them as well. Not trying to be rude but please do not change the topic in this forum I am really trying to get them to do this. If done we would have a large player growth. There is no field target game out period.
Given that content is generally only shown to the community when it's near completion and release, I would be very surprised if they incorporate falling animal targets. It would require animations, and a mechanism for raising them again. It's not a bad idea, don't get me wrong, but I just can't imagine them squeezing it in before release, and I also can't imagine that functionality having much of an impact on sales.
DaveyCockett wrote:If this was done I can promise an influx in purchase of the targets and the air rifle.
That's quite a promise. I would hate to be the one to have to deliver on that. You just really want this to happen for you, and will say anything to get the developers to make it happen. Provide evidence to back up your claim; proof that adding such functionality will generate more sales or bring more people to the game. Do that, and I guarantee the developers will take note.
DaveyCocket wrote:I promise you I will buy 51 of them and set up a field target match.
If you can place 51 of them, that is. I would imagine there's going to be a limit, and I would expect it to be less than 51. Another broken promise ;)

I'm just teasing you, of course. I like the idea of falling targets for the animals, and who knows, maybe they will add this! I just think you should have stuck to making a suggestion and left it at that, rather than making unrealistic promises of X or Y if the developers do what you want. In reality, you can only promise that you will do something, and that's probably not enough to influence a development roadmap.
DaveyCockett
Tracker

Post by DaveyCockett »

caledonianblues wrote:How did you manage to watch the stream and not see how the targets react to being shot? :)
I have crap net and it cut out just about the time I got to see them.
DaveyCockett wrote:I am excited to use them as well. Not trying to be rude but please do not change the topic in this forum I am really trying to get them to do this. If done we would have a large player growth. There is no field target game out period.
caledonianblues wrote:Given that content is generally only shown to the community when it's near completion and release, I would be very surprised if they incorporate falling animal targets. It would require animations, and a mechanism for raising them again. It's not a bad idea, don't get me wrong, but I just can't imagine them squeezing it in before release, and I also can't imagine that functionality having much of an impact on sales.

I did not mean the falling of the targets bringing in more people the field target aspect is what will sell more items.
DaveyCockett wrote:If this was done I can promise an influx in purchase of the targets and the air rifle.
caledonianblues wrote:That's quite a promise. I would hate to be the one to have to deliver on that. You just really want this to happen for you, and will say anything to get the developers to make it happen. Provide evidence to back up your claim; proof that adding such functionality will generate more sales or bring more people to the game. Do that, and I guarantee the developers will take note.
It is something I feel strongly will happen so I am willing to put in the time and effort into getting more people to play my self. I shoot on a national level and have traveled all over to shoot. The field target community would love a game that you can even get close to having a match. You should see some of the apps that have been made lol.
DaveyCocket wrote:I promise you I will buy 51 of them and set up a field target match.
caledonianblues wrote:If you can place 51 of them, that is. I would imagine there's going to be a limit, and I would expect it to be less than 51. Another broken promise ;)
So I have been in contact with one of the team members who has informed me you can have up to 30 targets per map. So I will be getting the 30 over time. But promise broken my bad lol
caledonianblues wrote:I'm just teasing you, of course. I like the idea of falling targets for the animals, and who knows, maybe they will add this! I just think you should have stuck to making a suggestion and left it at that, rather than making unrealistic promises of X or Y if the developers do what you want. In reality, you can only promise that you will do something, and that's probably not enough to influence a development roadmap.
[/quote]

The way I see it is when we have a total of like 600-700 players who play every day or once a week. The field target community is way larger than that. On July 20th -23rd we are having the Oregon state championship in an oak patch across the street from my house. We will have 50-60 shooters on average, I will put the word out about it then as well as putting it up in the multiple FT forums to get the word out. ( with my recruit code of course :lol: ) Those 50-60 people will have a chance to see it on my setup and spread the word. Even if we don't get the targets to fall when hit in the kill zone, the fact I can set up a 25 target course ( so 2 shots per target 2 targets per lane) will be more then enough for a field target match.

I do see how my promises might sound hollow and over excited and truthfully they are lol. But you should get on board with me because this should happen. I just bought my first bunny target and a shooting mat to test it out. I can tell you right now one more thing I would like to have added. The ability to place them in trees for elevated shots. I know more game tweaks and I can just use a spot with undulating hills but I can still wish right?
DaveyCockett
Tracker

Post by DaveyCockett »

SoftShoe wrote:
DaveyCockett wrote:I promise you I will buy 51 of them and set up a field target match.
This would be good fun! I have shot field target myself a number of times & it is indeed a great deal of fun. I even toyed with starting my own field target range on my farm. I gave up on the idea because I really dont have the room for parking more then 20-30 cars unless they 4x4's.

In any case, I too would love to see a field target range for Classic.
I went out with one of em and did some tests. We can only place 30 per map but that is fine we will do 25 tagets 2 shots per. If we can convince the devs to zero the air rifle at 25 and add more pellet drop it would be perfect. At the moment though being we only have the one size kill zone and the trajectory of the pellet. We have to set up all courses at 40m-125m to make it work. The question from here would be, do we allow the range finder? Or do we have them bracket range? I would like to do bracket but think it would be a stretch for people to learn it.

It makes an audible sound when you hit the paddle but not the face plate. So the targets would not have to fall down or be reset. Just be sure to have your squad mate or mates watch through a scope or some form of optics to keep scores clean and fair. This is gonna be awesome with just 25 targets set up at further than normal ranges.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

DaveyCockett wrote:The question from here would be, do we allow the range finder? Or do we have them bracket range? I would like to do bracket but think it would be a stretch for people to learn it.
I agree bracket is the way to go but the learning curve is pretty steep.

I would think it depends how well the idea takes off. If you get a good number of people that are interested it could be handled a couple ways. 1) allow shooters to walk the course & do their rangefinding before the match starts. 2) allow newcomers only to range targets but experienced competitors may not.

DaveyCockett
Tracker

Post by DaveyCockett »

I am in the process of finding suitable spots to set up a course in game now. As soon as I get the funds to purchase the 24 other targets I will have it set up and put a post here and hopefully get a comp going on UHC after a few test runs. I am super stoked this just made this game so much more fun for me.
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

DaveyCockett wrote:I am in the process of finding suitable spots to set up a course in game now. As soon as I get the funds to purchase the 24 other targets I will have it set up and put a post here and hopefully get a comp going on UHC after a few test runs. I am super stoked this just made this game so much more fun for me.
Your exuberance is refreshing. I really hope this pans out the way you want it to. Good luck. ;)
Signature Stats
Spoiler:

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”