Deployable targets!!!

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Deployable targets!!!

Post by Tanngnjostr »

rhapsodaisical wrote:Hiding the animals in the bushes at different ranges and only a flag to mark that there is a target somewhere in the vicinity.
I like that idea, but you need to be aware that you can see the targets on the map. Of course those icons are big and don't give away the exact location and you can still hide the targets in the foliage, but the player will definitely see in which direction and distance he needs to look.
Image Image Image
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Of course those icons are big and don't give away the exact location and you can still hide the targets in the foliage, but the player will definitely see in which direction and distance he needs to look.
If it's anything like trying to find my treestand in the RFF forest, I won't be able to just stroll right up to it. I have a treestand over a barrel (20 meters away) & every time I try to sneak in without spooking the critters I'll be prone trying to spot the right tree because the icon just doesn't narrow it down quite enough. :lol:
If I hear those bears huffing I get all frantic trying to see the right one. I keep telling myself to pack a flag along for the base of the tree, but I'm currently OUT & I am waiting for them to go on sale. :roll:
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
strandjutter
Scout

Post by strandjutter »

Violator31 wrote:
If I hear those bears huffing I get all frantic trying to see the right one. I keep telling myself to pack a flag along for the base of the tree, but I'm currently OUT & I am waiting for them to go on sale. :roll:
:P Mean while you just get eaten by the bears :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

strandjutter wrote: :P Mean while you just get eaten by the bears :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:
I rarely get chomped. There is a little rise right there & once I finally see the stand I top that rise, hit "E" & I'm home. Sometimes the bears wander too close to the top & get a little dicey. I was testing the broken barrels yesterday, when one I couldn't see was getting all ready to pounce when I got in the stand. It was funny because I really thought it had me.
But that one little flag sure would help. :D
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Violator31 wrote:If it's anything like trying to find my treestand in the RFF forest, I won't be able to just stroll right up to it. I have a treestand over a barrel (20 meters away) & every time I try to sneak in without spooking the critters I'll be prone trying to spot the right tree because the icon just doesn't narrow it down quite enough. :lol:
If I hear those bears huffing I get all frantic trying to see the right one.
I know that situation, believe me! :D

But you know how it works in this game: it's easier to see stuff from 200 meters than from 20 meters. Isn't it weird how those rabbits suddenly vanish behind all that grass and shrubs once you get closer?!? :roll:
Image Image Image
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Isn't it weird how those rabbits suddenly vanish behind all that grass and shrubs once you get closer?!? :roll:
Yes. You can see them way off in the distance. It cracks me up how they are so visible from over 100m.
I rarely bother with them unless I have a .22 & even then I will find someplace a little higher & pick them off from a 100 meters or so. Once they disappear again I will sprint through the area & go to the perch again. They always pop right back out but they are quick to disappear again.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”