Flag Waypoints

Beano8U
Scout

Flag Waypoints

Post by Beano8U »

Was just thinking while on a hunt today for an upgrade to the flags.

Perhaps they could be used to show distance in the same way other players in a multiplayer game are displayed with an option to turn distant markers on/off for them?

A few times I have wondered how far away I am from certain spots in the map but have had to go into the huntermate to work it out. (Not a complaint :P)

Just thought this may be an easier way. Plus it gives the flags a bit more purpose without really taking away the immersion of the hunt. (Especially if you want to turn them off)

Possibly have them integrated into single or multiplayer games.

It could also be handy in mp games to instruct others not to use rifles within a certain range the of the flags, as well as in a certain distance of another player for example.

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Flag Waypoints

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I use flags to mark distances. I have a code. Each color means a different distance from a tree stand, lodge, tent, etc. Some even show distance between colors.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Beano8U
Scout

Re: Flag Waypoints

Post by Beano8U »

You might use a "code" to set a distance from a certain point you are standing at whether it be a tree stand or other fixed object on the map.
I was looking at a flag you can see the distance from anywhere you may roam on the map.
If you move 300 km South, are your flags going to be relevant?
I would like to see way markers that you can look at (or even a modified huntermate) that can tell you how far you are from these flags at any given time.
Just my thoughts.

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”