Expand Photograpy!

rhapsodaisical
Scout

Expand Photograpy!

Post by rhapsodaisical »

I have no doubt that this has been mentioned a thousand times more. But i really think this game will benefit from having an expanded photography range. I just would throw my money at a bundle like this!

A bundle with a camera, extra filters and perhaps scopes to offer some zoom options, far, wide etc.

The system is already existing in the game, improvements are pretty much only visual or using the gun/scope mechanic and the filters are a luxoury to an existing thing.

This will not only offer us to make a better galleries, or roaming an even more fun activity (as its part of the game I like a lot) but last but not least it will finally shut my girlfriend up about me harming innocent animals and provide her with a snapshot for on her desk....

please, devs, help me play my game without feeling guilty-by-proxy

ta!
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: Expand Photograpy!

Post by ronMctube »

i wanted something like this since the game began ! i think it would be popular aswell.my original take on it was this.

make a camera tool so you can fly round the map over the whole island and look at animals.you cant kill animals doing so while in this mode .its purely for cinematic and pictures / art purposes/ media.if the animals cant be killed or registered in any comps what is the issue ?

you could either sell it seperately as a package or.. make it only available to people with licenses of the game.so it benefits the company and the players in whatever way its sold.the thing is most of this is available just not to the public.treekiwi has this for the new tournement thing hes doing with media and with tweaking it could be used for all.i understand its for theHunter media but think about the tool for eg as a bigger greater thing that benefits for all.

you will get more media across media places from video to better pictures.from more people.so instead of a single source more people would benefit and more fun from doing so and more people seeing theHunter.

not only that imagine doing tutorials and im giving away free ideas here but im doing so that people can see the benefit for us all in the community.

hunting a reserve for a species.now imagine you have the free cam.which can fly over the reserve.from aerial point of view you could show starting location and draw line or show where you going and where animals could be show routes working from above.also get better footage of animals up close.better quality close up footage.shows the game in a better way.tutorials could really change and help new players so much better than whats about now.

there is so many possibilities to what could be done with simple well thought out processes if this were to happen to benefit the game.

id love to see this happen but honestly dont think it will.which is a shame as it could be amazing.

there is many things that could be added to theHunter which may seem outside the box but add more than any weapons or single item added.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I would be happy with a flash (also in trophy shot and avatar mode) and a greater resolution. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

... Just an easier way of manipulating these '' rag doll like '' animals , would be fine by me .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

I always agreed, and one REALLY important thing about screenshots is that it draws in new players.

When people take beautiful screens, they want to share them.

When they share them, outsiders can see them, become interested, and join the game and play.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

HooCairs wrote: and a greater resolution. :)
Bingo!
TheSheWolf wrote:I always agreed, and one REALLY important thing about screenshots is that it draws in new players.

When people take beautiful screens, they want to share them.

When they share them, outsiders can see them, become interested, and join the game and play.
Give the man a cigar!

I love screen shots! In fact among other games I play screen shots is a big part of what I do. Sure I enjoy the game but taking moving & interesting screenshots adds so much more to it. As SheWolf said people see them & want to be part of that. Sure the trophy shot we have now is good but there is room for allot of improvement.

DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

I agree with a lot of the comments above,
But the option to fly around the map and get close to animals would be a no for me.
I just love the fact to hunt and explore if a new map comes out, it would be too tempting to fly over it to take a first look and discover all the beautifull places. :P
Even now i get to see new things / area's in a map, it's something that's motivates me.

On the other side, if you could fly around it will get some very nice screenshots / photographs indeed which is good for the community.

First priority would be to get the pictures which you take with the ingame camera in atleast 1920*1080 resolution and the trophyshots aswell :)

Dark
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Many times while i hunt in game i see beautiful sights of landscape, sunrise, herds, etc, and i think i wish there where more incentive to bring the camera in a hunt, but usually it took space than need for callers or other items, so, why not make the camera an the backpack a combo? camera weight 0 if the "useless" backpack is equipped, since camera could be stored there, that way you could bring always a camera and give a practical use to the backpack.

Also, there could be a section in gallery to pics from trophy shoots and other for camera pics, so we can have some order in that place. And the air camera idea its just great it could even be presented as a drone camera.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

ronMctube wrote:make a camera tool so you can fly round the map over the whole island and look at animals.you cant kill animals doing so while in this mode .its purely for cinematic and pictures / art purposes/ media.if the animals cant be killed or registered in any comps what is the issue ?
The issue is that within a fairly short period of time, people would have spawn mashed the reserves repeatedly with the aerial camera, figuring out hotspots for animals and watching their roaming behaviours from above. Then all that knowledge would be posted in the forums and on YouTube. You're one of the people who advocates secrecy within theHunter, to maintain the mystique and the unknown. Just a few days ago you made a comment about how if spawning data was made public, you might as well just shut the doors and call it a day. With the tool you're proposing that's exactly what would happen. People would figure out a huge amount about spawning and roaming behaviour and wish they could unlearn it.

It's right up there with drones in my opinion. They would also be a huge mistake.

On topic, I would love an SLR in the game with interchangeable lenses, filters, flashes and so on. Even some mission packs where you have to take shots of animals in certain places or in specific states. It would be a great addition to the game.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

tbh if they removed the animals in the free cam mode. id still buy it.i thought with enough thinking behind this " something " could come of this.anything is better than nothing.even part of the camera or tools.with no animals on the reserve then.could still do routes for guides and show the reserves in details .get better pictures.there are ways around many of the drawbacks but still bring something interesting to the table which could add to the media and game.basically to get the team to make it its got to be worth doing.some of the hardwork is already done.they have tweaked cams to work.so im sure if needed to they could tweak so others could use it.without breaking the game.

id pay money just for the rain and sun not to change at speed of light every 30 seconds :D

things like this should be added into next poll / survey. would people like to see it happen.ideas chosen by players from the community.

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”