Expand Photograpy!

VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: Expand Photograpy!

Post by VonStratos »

And what about if using the free cam mode had a penalty, like time travel but in this case when you end the camera the time penalty its that you cant hunt in that game day, and have to go next day, that would respawn all, and if someone think about kill animals then use the camera to find the corpse would be futile because they disappear when the day change.

That i think would force the use to instructive use and media purposes instead spawn mash hunting.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

good to see original post send a spark. I was actually thinking this was mentioned every week orso, as its too obvious to me.
But Yes! An added Axle for turning trophies would absolutely be a must!

So play along with me, how would the bundle look like?

The Photo-Shoot bundle (Ha!)

Camera
An updated model other than the 2003 model pocket cam with digi-zoom. More like a Canon Eos Series or something.

How would it work: It should fit the Gun slots rather than an inventory slot. So that the scope slot can be obviously be used for different lenses.
The ammo slot can be used for filters or attachments. The gun slot, accessories and its respected weight will be a choice a player needs to make as well, so bringing extra camera gear is an obvious goal rather than having 0.5 to spare in inventory.

Lenses
Zoom lenses with short medium and long range. Even a x15 range and a Macro lens for collectibles etc, especially fun during special events.
Besides zoom some effect lenses like the basic fisheye-lense and colour lenses. (fine, make it a bundle on its own!)
How would it work: Scopes are already in place and are no different than lenses. Different lenses with different colourshade (like sunglasses), zoomlevel and other details are not out of the existing code I assume.

Equipment
a tripod rest for a S#lfi3! (Pardon my French!)

How would it work: The mechanic is already existing in profile mode. Remove limitations and upload to profile and it should work as normal?
The Tripod, just like its gun variant would be an item bought in the store like the gun stand to unlock this feature.

Since a well equipped gun weight around 5kg inc ammo/scope a camerakit should be about the same so the player makes an actual choice to go out rather than adding it as an extra. Personally I find inventory fiddling just as fun as trekking, hunting and shooting.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

These are great ideas rhapsodaisical, and I would love to see an SLR and lenses/accessories being implemented one day. The only financial consideration, besides the implementation costs themselves, would be the cloud storage costs. You proposed that photographs are uploaded to the player's profile. Whilst that would be great, you need to bear in mind that players could take photographs at any point, in mass quantities. I mean, you could literally take several hundred photographs in a relatively short hunt. Of course the developers could limit that, but then people would complain about an item they purchased having limitations.

To break it down though, If I'm playing at 4K I would expect my images to be 4K. I would also prefer them not to use as much compression as they do right now when writing the JPG files. If you look at trophy shots now, the compression is pretty intense. So, using just a tiny amount of compression to reduce the filesize a small amount, a 4K image is still going to over 1MB. If I took a couple of hundred in a hunt, there's a couple of hundred MB of cloud storage eaten up straight away. Just by me, in just one hunt. There's also a couple of hundred MB of bandwidth. It's easy to see a pattern like that would quickly escalate into what would ultimately be a significant increase in infrastructure costs. For that reason, if this is ever implemented, I would prefer them to make the images high resolution, and write them locally to the player's machine. I can them upload them/resize them as I please.

All that being said, I like your idea to implement the camera in the weapons slot, using scope and ammo slots for lenses and filters. It would eliminate the need for UI changes and key mapping. Thumbs up from me.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

most of it has been mentioned many times before but better image taking would be great.

for social media and bringing people to the game a single well taken picture can do more than a great video sometimes . you only have to look at call of the wild and see how the cinematic tool took most of the best shots people loved across the social platform.
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

caledonianblues wrote:The only financial consideration, besides the implementation costs themselves, would be the cloud storage costs.
Why should it be unlimited storage? It's should more be like a showcase like our Lodges. Only in a gallery.

It should be presented as a "Premium Gallery" up to 100, 250 or 500 pictures (however EW sees it fit) to limit the max storage and have it precalculated. That come with the benefit of:
- Being first shown and automatic chance to be in a weekly/monthly spotlight gallery (making 50EM$ or so)
- Are Hi-Res by default
- Competition for Premium Gallery Only.
- add a few fancy custom borders on the page to boot for E-Peen and personal taste.
- a few easy social media buttons that not only link the picture but its a link to the players recruitment link.
This way EW range for thehunter classic expands and we all win.

Regardles, all pictures should automatically save offline for personal use though.
caledonianblues wrote:Developers could limit (storage), but then people would complain about an item they purchased having limitations.
Moot point, but people will always complain.
Especially our Newbro's that come a-kicking in on the free-to-play boat. Those types will never be happy so don't even try to. If we would have a photoshoot in real life and we shoot hundreds, which surely happens a lot I agree. Do we post every single one of them online or do we make a selection for an impressive showcase of 25/50 pictures?

If people expect this option to be the new dropbox or google drive I think they take the new game mechanic well out of proportion and should be feeling stupid anyway. It's an addition to the game not a personal cloud storage. Those are 25GBP a year! haha
caledonianblues wrote:* I'm playing at 4K I would expect my images to be 4K. I would also prefer them not to use as much compression as they do right now when writing the JPG files.
Lets be honest, we are talking Classic here. Would 4K be worth it? But if so, see storage limit above. 4K and above is the near future standard anyway. Saves in .PNG not .JPG never understood .jpg anyway. My drawings are jpg on FB as well and it makes it horrible.
caledonianblues wrote: 4K image is still going to over 1MB. If I took a couple of hundred in a hunt, there's a couple of hundred MB of cloud storage eaten up straight away.

Save offline automatically, Premium Gallery allows uploads like normal trophy shots, takes a little to upload the next. Perhaps one of the codemonkies knows a way to upload post game. Similar to how screen capping works in Steam. I'd see it as the "Camera" own "storage" to be chosen to online gallery. (to browse through thumbnails prior to upload via offline storage?)
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Hmm i get caledonianblues points.
But it would be an option to shoot a picture, upload them to the server and than automatically store them locally on your hard drive and when that is done they could delete it from their servers.
Or even shoot and store it inmeditally on your local pc.

Steam does it aswell, so why can't the launcher do that aswell ;)
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

With the new range increase this feature would be even more amazing!

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”