Dehydration

Stealthhunter
Tracker

Dehydration

Post by Stealthhunter »

Since the release of the new map Piccabeen Bay the new feature dehydration has been brought out along with a water bottle. At first many thought it affected game-play to much so they changed it. Now it doesn't even show, you don't need the water bottle any more even when sprinting through these maps. I think they should make it more visible and affect game-play a bit more but to much.
I was thinking of something like CotW. On CotW, down on the bottom right hand corner of the screen there is a health bar and every time an animal hits you it drops down. I would like to see a dehydration bar in the classic, which shows how much your player is dehydrated. And i would like it so you could get dehydrated in any of the maps, just the more hotter and humid the map the faster it occurs. They could make it so the hydration of the player decreases only by running in maps like WRR, Hemmadal, Val De Bois etc.
Please let me know what yous think.
Please click this link if you are interested in joining up to the UHCapps site. You can win prizes and earn points to get em on the UHCapps
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Dehydration

Post by DYEUZ »

I agree with you , that they adjusted / tweaked it too much and it is not affecting me no more . With Dundee suit and running many times , i don't ever see the effect no more .
For having it on other maps also , i'm not for that . I think we have it in BRR now and that's enough for me .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

I wouldn't mind this idea if we didn't have to pay for water. We already pay to play the game as members, why do we have to pay again? Em$ or gm$, it's still paying to play TWICE.

If water was FREE FOR MEMBERS, maybe. And I don't mean three drinks per hunt, I mean that if I return to a lodge or tent my water bottle is automatically refilled, EVERY TIME, as it should be. Otherwise, it's DOUBLE DIPPING, and that, sir, is the equivalent of A TAX ON A TAX. It is the absolute lowest form of unscrupulous double dealing by a vendor because it is involuntary, and is flogged with the 'little white whopper' that it is for value added, in this case for enhancing immersion. Not for me it doesn't. IMHO.
Stealthhunter
Tracker

Post by Stealthhunter »

JimboCrow wrote:I wouldn't mind this idea if we didn't have to pay for water. We already pay to play the game as members, why do we have to pay again? Em$ or gm$, it's still paying to play TWICE.

If water was FREE FOR MEMBERS, maybe. And I don't mean three drinks per hunt, I mean that if I return to a lodge or tent my water bottle is automatically refilled, EVERY TIME, as it should be.
I think i might have understood you wrong Jimbo, but I think water bottles are free for everyone. Each water bottle has 3 sips and only one will be replenished after each hunt. So no need to buy one.
Please click this link if you are interested in joining up to the UHCapps site. You can win prizes and earn points to get em on the UHCapps
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

JimboCrow wrote:I wouldn't mind this idea if we didn't have to pay for water. We already pay to play the game as members, why do we have to pay again? Em$ or gm$, it's still paying to play TWICE.

If water was FREE FOR MEMBERS, maybe. And I don't mean three drinks per hunt, I mean that if I return to a lodge or tent my water bottle is automatically refilled, EVERY TIME, as it should be. Otherwise, it's DOUBLE DIPPING, and that, sir, is the equivalent of A TAX ON A TAX. It is the absolute lowest form of unscrupulous double dealing by a vendor because it is involuntary, and is flogged with the 'little white whopper' that it is for value added, in this case for enhancing immersion. Not for me it doesn't. IMHO.
I totally agree, paying twice to play is a shameful thing
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

To be honest: I want it to stay as it is! The resources for creating it have been wasted anyway, no one will bring them back, but I don't want to see any of it (at least when wearing the right clothes) - it was a bad idea in my opinion. Still being able to run around the desert in BRR, looking for rabbit burrows - I like! :)
Image Image Image
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Stealthhunter wrote:

If water was FREE FOR MEMBERS, maybe. And I don't mean three drinks per hunt, I mean that if I return to a lodge or tent my water bottle is automatically refilled, EVERY TIME, as it should be.
I think i might have understood you wrong Jimbo, but I think water bottles are free for everyone. Each water bottle has 3 sips and only one will be replenished after each hunt. So no need to buy one.
You are right in that 3 sips are free for every player on every hunt, but my suggestion is that members should have their water bottles automatically refilled to 3 sips every time they visit a lodge or tent during a hunt. That way members should NEVER run out of, or have to pay for more, water. Guests should remain as they are: 3 sips free per hunt, and any extra must be purchased. Then your suggestion would be acceptable to me.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I am yet to see why I bought this damn bottle- it has never affected me in either place hunting for hours at a time, but I don't run around especially in PB, that will get you killed faster than anything.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

I found out the hard way of how the water bottle works only 100% with the Camo PJ's,...
and I tried to avoid buying them because of all the other clothes they said was compatible for PB hot weather, and I had a good wardrobe of clothing with plenty to wear.
But that is not the way it works,..... I can run around with the so called compatible clothing on and I will drink up all 3 sips of the bottle for a 2+ hour hunt and they just don't work right for PB.
You know the blurring edges the raspy breathing then the warning to take a drink.
However I got tired of it happening and so I broke down and bought a Camo PJ set (recommended by Danthemanboone) and all my problems finally disappeared,.. except for the raspy breathing when you run too much,..
so I will still take a sip from the bottle just to stop this sound like a stuffy nose,.. pure nonsense for the game.
If the Dehydration features work than believe me I will be the one who can make it work............... :lol:

The only problem I can see is that my kind of game playing of running around was no longer adaptable unless I bought a Suit for PB,...
unlike WR when it was released where they gave everyone an outfit that would suit the arctic cold weather.

In the first place how do you get dehydrated with all the rain and rivers and lakes in PB?
I have been to numerous tropical forests/jungles in Asia and below the equator and it doesn't effect you that much, well we drank beer to be honest.

This is a game so why the abrupt changeover of hunting tactics.
1. Rope Climbing
2. Cold weather effects
3. Hot weather effects
This is a hunting game and we don't need the useless amenities of survival to hunt, we have Med Kits already. let's just fall down mountains and get attacked by animals.....jeeesssh
They should concentrate more on fixing the things that aren't working ATM and making the game more desirable and stable to play instead of wasting time with ideas like these.
So What's next on the agenda?............ heart pills, wet underwear, toilet paper.
IMO they should get back to the basics of hunting and stay with them, that's what brought me to this game in the first place and really enjoyed playing it.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Simple solution... Stop running...

In all my years of hunting I have only ran once & there was a bear involved (humorous story but another time) and I wasnt carrying 2 rifles, a bow, med kit, camping supplies, calls & 3 boxes of ammo for every gun like 90% of the people who play TH are probably carrying.

People want ATV/Horse/Jeeps but as we all know the maps are to small for that. Heres a stellar idea. Take away the running mechanic (which would be more realistic) & add ATV/Horse/Jeep that move at roughly the current speed of running but limit their use to roads & fields (large collision box). We could then get around pretty much everywhere on the map. Have a nifty new toy that can carry more stuff, make more money for EW cause of the cool new toys & all the while feel good about ourselves for the more realistic gameplay.

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”