Dehydration

gas56
Outfitter

Re: Dehydration

Post by gas56 »

SoftShoe wrote:Simple solution... Stop running...

In all my years of hunting I have only ran once & there was a bear involved (humorous story but another time) and I wasnt carrying 2 rifles, a bow, med kit, camping supplies, calls & 3 boxes of ammo for every gun like 90% of the people who play TH are probably carrying.

People want ATV/Horse/Jeeps but as we all know the maps are to small for that. Heres a stellar idea. Take away the running mechanic (which would be more realistic) & add ATV/Horse/Jeep that move at roughly the current speed of running but limit their use to roads & fields (large collision box). We could then get around pretty much everywhere on the map. Have a nifty new toy that can carry more stuff, make more money for EW cause of the cool new toys & all the while feel good about ourselves for the more realistic gameplay.
The only thing I do is cover more ground in what I'm looking for,... if our icons weren't so small we could probably walk twice as fast.
Today I ran around PB and shot around 30+ animals, 1 was a 248 water buffalo my biggest to date.
The point being is this is just a game,... not real life.
Different strategies for different players, and their are probably more non-hunters playing the game than real hunters.
I am a real hunter IRL,.. but it absolutely has nothing to relate to the way I hunt animals in this game.
This is the 2nd time I've said this today...........it is a game.... enjoy it the way you want to but don't tell others how to play the way they want to enjoy it.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I understand the logic of trying to make more realistic the game by including dehydration and/or even hunger, and if you look at other recent games like Ark where survival is involved it can be logical. But here we are playing The Hunter, not trying to become Bear Grylls so unless those items were fully free to members then i prefer the thing stay like they are now.

By the way, running may cause dehydration and poor result in finding animals ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

VonStratos wrote:I understand the logic of trying to make more realistic the game by including dehydration and/or even hunger, and if you look at other recent games like Ark where survival is involved it can be logical. But here we are playing The Hunter, not trying to become Bear Grylls so unless those items were fully free to members then i prefer the thing stay like they are now.

By the way, running may cause dehydration and poor result in finding animals ;)
With the Camo PJ's made for PB it doesn't cause dehydration, it just causes the raspy breathing from running all the time,...
and I guess 30 + animals and a couple trophies a hunt is poor results for just running around.......... :shock:
I just hunt at a lot faster speed, but when I catch up to the animals I slow down and crouch, because it is a game, some players forget this part, or doesn't think it will work, but the game
would have to be way more harder like IRL that it wouldn't work. And I hunt IRL also which I don't apply the game tactics I use except for wind direction, noise, & movement.
That's what I like about the game,.. and I did it my way..............like Frank Sinatra use to sing :lol:
Last edited by gas56 on March 10th, 2018, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

gas56 wrote:it is a game.... enjoy it the way you want to but don't tell others how to play the way they want to enjoy it.
Well here's the thing. Is this a "game" or is it a "sim" (simulation)?

If its a game then fine you can do whatever you like & no one could have an ill word against it. If its a sim then there needs to be a set of rules so it is actually simulating something.

Now here's the rub. If it is a game then all our bellyaching about this or that facet of the game not being right is all a bunch of tripe & we need to shutup & take this game for what it is. If it is a simulation then we have every right to expect realism.

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

SoftShoe wrote:
gas56 wrote:it is a game.... enjoy it the way you want to but don't tell others how to play the way they want to enjoy it.

If its a game then fine you can do whatever you like & no one could have an ill word against it. If its a sim then there needs to be a set of rules so it is actually simulating something.

Now here's the rub. If it is a game then all our bellyaching about this or that facet of the game not being right is all a bunch of tripe & we need to shutup & take this game for what it is. If it is a simulation then we have every right to expect realism.
It can be called a simulation, but it is not.... it is a game.
A simulation would have to adhere to every tiny bit of information related to the aspect of how things work in real life.
And this is not the case or even close to it,.... this is a game made for the fun of playing it.
Even if some players call it a simulation, then the wind would not spook an animal in the game if you were downwind of it, and the bushes would hide your silhouette,
and you would not be able to harvest deer so easily as in the game as they relate to hunting as in IRL.
You as a real hunter should know these things already........... and no matter what is portrayed in the game a real hunter knows it is far from reality.
Hell,... you don't even have to be a real hunter that should know these facts about the game.
This is like stating a fact with the word,.... But,...
It isn't that hard to figure out that this is a game only.

The Simulators I used in the Navy (A long time ago now declassified) of Airplane Cockpits had every control & button where it needed to be to simulate flying,
The only thing was you didn't ever really crash. Unless you went to Dilbert the Dunker, a Cockpit going into a water crash.. so you could learn to escape upside down in the water.
This game has a keyboard or can use a game controller, GAME CONTROLLER. enough said.
Last edited by gas56 on March 10th, 2018, 2:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

SoftShoe wrote:

I think it's a sim game. I think it tries to stay as close to a realistic simulation as it can (and does a pretty good job most of the time) but it's obviously a game and there are limitations. The dehydration mechanic is not the worst thing they've done, but it was mistake trying to charge for it, and I guess they've kind of addressed that by nerfing it.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

JimboCrow wrote:
SoftShoe wrote:

I think it's a sim game. I think it tries to stay as close to a realistic simulation as it can (and does a pretty good job most of the time) but it's obviously a game and there are limitations. The dehydration mechanic is not the worst thing they've done, but it was mistake trying to charge for it, and I guess they've kind of addressed that by nerfing it.
What did they do to nerf it?.....
it still makes you get dehydrated if you don't take a drink running around without the PB Camo PJ's on as it did when it first came out.
Even after adjusting some clothing that was supposedly to work for the hot climate of PB.
That is the only reason why I finally bought the PB Camo PJ's...............
so I could hunt/play the way I wanted to :)
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

gas56 wrote:
JimboCrow wrote:
SoftShoe wrote:

it still makes you get dehydrated if you don't take a drink running around without the PB Camo PJ's on as it did when it first came out.
Even after adjusting some clothing that was supposedly to work for the hot climate of PB.
Oh sorry, I misunderstood. I thought they had made some changes to the mechanic since it first came out, to make it less intrusive. My mistake? :?
Stealthhunter
Tracker

Post by Stealthhunter »

JimboCrow wrote:
gas56 wrote:
JimboCrow wrote: I think it's a sim game. I think it tries to stay as close to a realistic simulation as it can (and does a pretty good job most of the time) but it's obviously a game and there are limitations. The dehydration mechanic is not the worst thing they've done, but it was mistake trying to charge for it, and I guess they've kind of addressed that by nerfing it.
Oh sorry, I misunderstood. I thought they had made some changes to the mechanic since it first came out, to make it less intrusive. My mistake? :?
I thought they made changes to it to. Because i used to see heat waves in the corner of the screen within a few minutes, and now it takes me close to an hour before i see the first few signs of dehydration.
Please click this link if you are interested in joining up to the UHCapps site. You can win prizes and earn points to get em on the UHCapps

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”