Boats (Revisited)

TheSheWolf
Hunter

Boats (Revisited)

Post by TheSheWolf »

Boats--in the form of small, portable kayaks, or rowboats for Rougarou--have been suggested several times.

With Piccabean's release it seems there could be a LOT of use for small watercraft. Here's my take on it:

- About $1000 em
- An item of heavy weight, carried with you, that can be deployed like a tree stand in shallow (walkable) water
- The player will then be on the boat (kayak, inflatable raft, whatever). Pressing E will dismount, if in shallow water, and return the boat to inventory
- The boat would move with very LOW sound, but high visibility (unless you stick to cover, of course), at a running pace along the water, controlled by normal controls but with momentum
- Animals cannot attack the player when on board the boat
- When the player is not actively moving the boat, the boat will gently float with the "current" (or, rather, river's direction)
- The player can fire, reload, and use items and the HunterMate while on the boat

Imagine using this to float down the rivers in Timbergold Trails, watching the mountains pass in the distance, or to navigate Rougarou's swampy rivers? Picture floating down the center of Val-des-Bois, or taking a full-map tour through the rivers and swamps of Piccabean? I'd snap an item like this up in a heartbeat. You could do legitimate river hunts, or just use the boats to more quickly navigate maps. It could be loads of fun and add an awesome "sightseeing" aspect to the maps.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Boats (Revisited)

Post by DYEUZ »

Do you even imagine how much work that would be ? Not even sure it could be possible with the actual engine and all .
This would be a very complex job to create and not sure it would benefit EW at all .I wouldn't want to shoot from a raft / boat whatever you want to call it . You get a small wave while aiming , you hit body shot and now need to track . So now what ? :?
Sorry, i don't see how it could be enjoyable for me .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

I wouldn't include 'waves' at all. I can't actually imagine it being very difficult to code in. The thing I think might be more problematic than "change player's model to be in a boat, + sit in water-only stance" would be the momentum-style movement, I'd think.

Another issue might be various clipping problems with debris in water, but most water in-game seems pretty clear of "stuff."
Stealthhunter
Tracker

Post by Stealthhunter »

I agree with what DYEUZ is saying about how hard it would be for the devs to do, however i would still love to see this in-game. It would work great for the maps TGT, RFF, RB, VB and PB. I was thinking more on the line of purchasing a small wooden boat house from the store which could be built and taken down like a hunting tower on the edge of a river or large lake. I was also thinking that the we could by different size canoes/kayaks from the store which can hold 1, 2 or 4 (max no. of hunters/players) hunters in them. The more the boat can hold hold the more it costs ;)

This however is my opinion on what should be down :)
Please click this link if you are interested in joining up to the UHCapps site. You can win prizes and earn points to get em on the UHCapps
Hirvikala

Post by Hirvikala »

It would be nice

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”