Guests and their limits.

Stealthhunter
Tracker

Guests and their limits.

Post by Stealthhunter »

I have been thinking and i know many will probably go against what i am about to say, and that the devs may never do it as they would be loosing money. I think that the devs would gain more money as they would attract more people to the game. I think the restrictions for guests should be expanded, for example they are not even allowed to put their character in trophy shot or use trophy shot poses they bought :( . I think that they should be able to use trophy shot poses and have their character in a trophy shot. I also think that they should have at least 1 bow (Snakebite), 1 rifle (.243), 1 handgun (.454)and 1 shotgun (single shotgun) that has unlimited ammo. This would give them a weapon in each category but not the best so they would still want to buy others, i know i would. That would an enable them to get animals such as bison and water buffalo (coming soon) when they come on free to hunt as slug shot can not get them. People will still by memberships as you will need them to hunt every animal for free and they are not the best weapons that are free to hunt so they will most likely buy more. Guests will then feel like they have more freedom so they will buy my tents, camo clothing and other equipment. I don't think the devs will loose any money i think that will most likely make more as it will bring other people into the game and people who stopped playing it. Please leave a comment and your own opinion and i hope some of the devs will read this. However i still think the game is the best :)
Please click this link if you are interested in joining up to the UHCapps site. You can win prizes and earn points to get em on the UHCapps
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Guests and their limits.

Post by Tanngnjostr »

You're rather new to this game and probably haven't searched for similar topics, but let me assure you that you just openend a can of worms - one that gets openend each month or so - and I hope you're prepared for what replies might follow.

The general consensus (though not officially confirmed by the devs in any way) is that this game is not Free-To-Play, is not meant to be, and that the "Guest mode" is nothing but a kind of demo - people can look at the basic mechanism of the game, shoot a few whitetails or other free animals and decide whether it's worth buying a membership or not. It's not meant to be played as a guest for a longer time and thus guests don't receive much guns or equipment and have some restrictions like not being able to make proper trophy shots. Also, there's no way to "grind" to most equipment without using real money for the microtransactions. A lot of veteran players (not everyone of course) have gotten used to this model and tend to defend it, some new players (also not everyone) don't like it, but in the end it seems to work for the developers - the game is almost 10 years old and still profitable! In my opinion, this model is likely not going to change.

And since we've had discussions like these before and they tend to get nasty: Please let me remind everyone not to become too unfriendly or personal. ;)
Image Image Image
Stealthhunter
Tracker

Post by Stealthhunter »

Thanks for that Tanngnjostr. Yes i agree with what you are saying Tanngnjostr, was just wondering if the devs could at least let guests put players in trophy shots and use trophy poses, still it doesn't really matter me. Most likely not new weapons or anything like that. I still love the game and probably won't stop playing it for ages.
Please click this link if you are interested in joining up to the UHCapps site. You can win prizes and earn points to get em on the UHCapps
pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

Honestly, something needs to be done to attract more new players, but the problem is that new players see the pay to play model long before they see the true beauty of the game an all it has to offer and most run for the hills .. as good as this game is, we should have 10x the active players then we do, but we dont :(. In part, I think part of the problem is publication ... cant tell you how many people Ive introduced this game too that had NO CLUE the game even existed ... thats a problem. Of those that I introduced the game too, only ONE still plays, and its on the rare occasion, THATS a problem. Its not that the game looks boring, all see the game for what it is, amazing is usually the word I hear most, but they see the pay to play long before the addiction sets in an when the trial membership ends, so does their game play. I dont claim to have the answer to any of this, thats EW's job not mine lol ... but the point is, this game needs more new players and more new members. We as players can only do so much to bring new players in ... keeping them is up to EW.
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

honestly I spend most of my time playing this game as a guest buying licenses when I want to hunt a certain animal. I think the system is good the way it is. i don't think that guests should be entitled to a bow or a pistol, and really not even a shotgun. I think they should have to do missions to get their shotgun. I think if they wanted to attract more players they should lower their prices on membership and $em. 12 months of membership and 1000 em$ on here is more than the price of my annual rl hunting license!!!!
my annual RL hunting license is $26.60, a 6 month membership on here costs like $30!!!
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
Stealthhunter
Tracker

Post by Stealthhunter »

Yes agree with what you are saying there about prices baloo.the.dog, i still think personally that guests should at least be enabled to use their hunter poses they bought and have their avatar in the trophy shots, as IRL the hunter doesn't just vanish in plain site. To attract more players they should lower their prices or give you more for that price. E.g. All membership bundles except for the special ones such as Stealth hunter or deer hunter, should have a loadout added to them. Only my opinion :)
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

As y'all get to know me you will discover I am a very strong "no free lunches" kinda person. If you want something, fine then pay for it! Dont expect someone to give it to you because IMO you are entitled nothing!

Having said that; I am heavily involved in Mechwarrior Online which is a free to play game but ultimately you really need to reach for your wallet to truly experience the game. Their model does truly allow you to play for free but if you want some of the stuff it takes some significant grinding to come up with the in game money to buy it. Moreover any new things that are released in game the free to play crowd have to wait for months before they are available to buy with in game currency whereas those of us that ante up our sheckles have it right away.

In my 2 weeks in this game EW has already gotten a couple hundred bucks from me so I obviously have no compunction about spending money on what I perceive value in. However I know not all are blessed with my level of financial freedom & have to watch what they spend. Such people are willing to spend a little here & there for their hobbies. It important to be able to capture those folks as well. Right now I believe the current financial model of theHunter does so adequately. However there is always room for improvement.

Personally I would like to see a similar model to what I have in Mechwarrior. A way for the free to play crowd to have some sustainability but with strong incentives to actually spend their money on the game.

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”