hunting spears

Xenomoprh72

hunting spears

Post by Xenomoprh72 »

Would love to see a modern day hunting spear, yes i know it's been asked for before but since we do have a wide selection of firearms and bows/crossbows a hunting spear would make a great choice for the game.

Spear hunting has been around for a very long time and is still used today as a means to hunt. Would love to be able to sneak up close to a deer or call it in, then strike out to claim my kill. Yes i know it would be hard to do and even deadly depending on what animal you hunted (grizzly bear) it could be life ending......but what a thrill!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spear

"Archaeological evidence found in present-day Germany documents that wooden spears have been used for hunting since at least 400,000 years ago, and a 2012 study suggests that Homo heidelbergensis may have developed the technology about 500,000 years ago. Wood does not preserve well, however, and Craig Stanford, a primatologist and professor of anthropology at the University of Southern California, has suggested that the discovery of spear use by chimpanzees probably means that early humans used wooden spears as well, perhaps, five million years ago."

It's a Historic weapon used for a long time, lets give TheHunter some more variety.

Love the game!
Willandrew
Spotter

Re: hunting spears

Post by Willandrew »

I could get into that

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”