Map Gear Bags (consolidated)

MoonpieSpotlight
Hunter

Map Gear Bags (consolidated)

Post by MoonpieSpotlight »

I'd like to be able to select a specific bag of gear I've preconfigured for specific quarry/maps.

For example:

For geese, I'd like to be able to select a bag that contains the guns, ammo and callers so that I can simply select "geese" and auto-populate the slots with what I have selected for that bag. The same for other species, and you could have up to three bags as long as one didn't have slots that conflict with the others. This way you'd always have the callers/scents and such in the same slots and you'd have weapons configured to your liking. Right now we have to stand at the tent and load all the slots each time if we change maps.

I have most gear/guns already, but I could imagine people would buy more items if they could auto-populate slots with them instead of searching around to find what they need, and eventually having some limited success without even using it because they forgot to equip it when they left the tent/lodge.

The goal is to spend more time in the field, not at the camp/tent. I realize it could have a downside of encouraging/rewarding spawn hunters but that doesn't affect anyone else's game.

If this has been submitted already please disregard.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Map Gear Bags (consolidated)

Post by Tanngnjostr »

What you are suggesting is a very popular demand of the community - most people in here call it "custom loadouts". I'm hoping it will finally happen this year... there seems to be a change in development philosophy recently and this would fit in very nicely. :)
Image Image Image
xAncalagonx
Outfitter

Quality of Life suggestions

Post by xAncalagonx »

I have a couple of "Quality of Life" suggestions to iron out some minor things that seem a bit clunky.

1. Changing / wearing clothes on different reservations.
When you switch from one Reservation to another you usually want to change your clothing so it is better suited for that map in terms of camouflage and/or your tactic (e.g. open field hunting vs forests). If you have many different clothing items that you accumulated over the years it sometimes becomes a game of "Spot the right item". As an example I can't even tell you how many times I've been squinting at the screen trying to find my Fall Field camouflage in the middle of my Fall Forest, Summer Forest, Summer Field and other items.

Suggestions:

FILTER
Add a filter to the tab with the clothing and allow us to filter it by: "Alphabetical" or "Only show items with valid bonus for the current reservation". As an example, when on Hirschfelden map and sorting it by "Only items with bonus for the current reservation" all those football jamboree items would be hidden... all the summer camo items would be hidden... all the winter clothing would be hidden.

This way, through a smart filter like this, you would quickly find the items that are useful for your current reservation... e.g. in Hirschfelden example you would see B&C camp, Fall Field and Fall Forest, DocMon and Ghillie for instance.

EQUIP WHOLE SET
Furthermore... an option to click on any clothing that is part of a set, e.g. Fall Field set, should allow us to choose "Equip all items from this set".

This would enable us to easily equip all items from a full set like B&C, Forest or Field types of camouflage and so forth (or as many items from the set that you have currently purchased if you do not own a complete set).

2. Create custom equipment templates for each reservation
For each reservation when opening the inventory (near tent or cabin) there would be a tab called Templates (or Presets or similar). Under this tab there would be 1 to 3 "Save slots" with four buttons next to it.

These buttons would be:
Load
Save
Rename
Delete

Here's how it would work.

You equip the gear as usual on your character for the hunting you want to do. E.g. for pheasant hunting you would equip Shotgun, birdshots, retriever dog, pheasant caller, the fall-field camouflage and so on.

After you equipped all the items you want for Pheasant hunting you open the "Template" tab... then click on the Save button.. it then prompts you to add a custom name (Default would just be Save #1 for example). So you add Pheasant hunt, and it then saves your currently equipped gear.

The next time you come back to hunt pheasants all you would need to do is open the Template tab... find the Pheasant hunt save-slot and click on LOAD. It then automatically equips you with the same loadout that you saved under that save slot. (Note: If you do not have some of the items available in your inventory, e.g. you ran out of wind direction sprays or dog treats then it simply equips everything as far as possible except the items missing and gives you a small popup saying "These items were not available from your inventory:" and lists the items.

I think these two features would make setting up the hunt and such much smoother and less of a hassle and would let us get underway with the hunts in a better way than being frustrated because we can't find our Summer Forest gloves.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Map Gear Bags (consolidated)

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Merged two recent topics about Custom Loadouts.
Image Image Image

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”