A horse of course

pirahna590
Hunter

A horse of course

Post by pirahna590 »

I think its been mentioned before, did a quick search but didnt see anything ... but what do you guys think about horses for traveling? Some of these reserves are rather large, an walking from one location to another, can take some time to do ... think quads or dirt bikes would have too much of a spook factor, but thought, what about horses? Yes we can use " fast travel " to travel from cabin to cabin or tents, but not very realistic. Where-as, traveling by horses would not only be more realistic, but would add a new element to this game in form of traveling. The horses should not only have a spook factor for the game animals, but also a spook factor of their own, like, say for example, they come across a wild boar or feral pig thats dangerously close, it would rear an possibly toss the rider?

Again, I THINK its been mentioned, but didnt see a post regarding horses :)
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: A horse of course

Post by Tod1d »

pirahna590 wrote:I think its been mentioned before, did a quick search but didnt see anything ...
Where did you search? http://forum.thehunter.com/search.php?k ... mit=Search
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

Tod1d wrote:
pirahna590 wrote:I think its been mentioned before, did a quick search but didnt see anything ...
Where did you search? http://forum.thehunter.com/search.php?k ... mit=Search
Sorry, I didnt get those results, and when did it again, I still didnt get those results ... never did like the search feature much as the results very rarely show me what Im looking for :( .... but I'll be sure to check harder before my next post
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I vote emphatically NO! I remember Deer Hunter Tournament. Kids roaming all over the map on ATVs, horses, and dune buggies, spooking everything for miles.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Horses would be nice to get to an area if you can't fast travel because you just did.
I welcome any transportation in the game, Just put an option if you want to use it in SP or MP.
Special Comps using transportation could be used also.
like shoot an elk at this area, then shoot another elk a different area with a time limit on it.
There could be multiple uses for it IMO.
Have a good 1..............GAS
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I've always been up on the fence about horses in the game, but after taking a horseback trip through the Appalachian mountains this past week, I can definitely see the advantages and I think they would be a great addition. Even if they only served as a pack animal that allowed you to carry more equipment with you.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

stancomputerhunter wrote:I vote emphatically NO! I remember Deer Hunter Tournament. Kids roaming all over the map on ATVs, horses, and dune buggies, spooking everything for miles.
It could come with an option to disallow it in Multiplayer games, as a tickbox, when the host creates game.

Allow horses? [ ]

I'd personally love to see horses in the game, though I do know they're usually a pain to model and animate accurately and sometimes wind up detracting more than adding to the game's realism and immersion if not done very well.
Djehmli
Tracker

Post by Djehmli »

As a person with horses in real life, you could also do them similar to the dogs in that they aren't perfect right out of the box.

Young horse, skittish, jumps at almost every sound. Get's more settled the more experience hunting.
Horses that do better as pack mules for equipment, steady, but maybe a bit more recalcitrant with a rider on their back (i.e. If you want a pack horse, they have to be developed differently than a horse you wish to ride in most situation who is slow, steady and able to handle a shot being taken from their back)
You have horse's which love to be on the trail and horse's which want to head back to the warm stable within fifteen minutes of leaving.

So it could add some flavor to the game with easing of travel but at the same time, like anything else, you would have to work for it.
Spoiler:

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”