Confirm Kill - Projectile Path Info

TheHottShott

Confirm Kill - Projectile Path Info

Post by TheHottShott »

The Devs are a little sheepish about changing the UI in the Huntermate, inventory screen and map, so I don't think that this will get passed. Anyway, when I'm analyzing my kill, sometimes I'd like to know how much penetration my arrow or bullet got, or simply wanted to see the path of my projectile. So, instead of going into the trophy shot and maneuvering the camera to show the inside of the animal to see my arrow, I propose you can get the info on the Confirm Kill screen. The one-sided picture can be swapped with the ability to show the Top side, the Left side, the Right side, and the Front or Back side (or, only in our dreams, a 3D model). With that, there are X's marking entry and exit holes, with a line connecting the two to show the projectile path (maybe have an O for the end of the projectile if it didn't make it all the way through the animal). Multiple shots could use different colors, so you can differentiate the shots you took. I think we can leave birdshot and buckshot out for obvious reasons, or only include the most fatal pellets.

What do you guys think?
"Remember, it's not about the trophy kill, though it's nice to bag a big buck. But, it's those memories you recall later in life that make sub-zero temperatures, a blizzard, and howling wind all worth it." - My grandfather's last hunt.
oPacheco
Tracker

Re: Confirm Kill - Projectile Path Info

Post by oPacheco »

I find it a good ideia, plus a very good addition to the game! And with info like that you can develop your in game shooting skill
Margarita888
Spotter

Post by Margarita888 »

This is apparently included in the Call of the Wild.
Spoiler:
Margarita, EHR hunter since 2012.
AngryBadger
Tracker

Post by AngryBadger »

As a real life hunter and also someone that enjoys firearms and ballistics etc, I would love this feature. I hand load my own hunting ammo, so I spend a lot of time researching and testing for penetration etc.

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”