Be able to select the amount of camping supplies to bring.

Othmani
Spotter

Be able to select the amount of camping supplies to bring.

Post by Othmani »

I have a lot of camping supplies, and they take up a lot of weight.

There is really no reason for me to carry around 90 when I'll only use 2 or 3 in a game.

I think it would make more sense, to allow me to select how many to bring, or for them to be broken down in to smaller maximum stacks. Instead of having to pay more to buy a smaller stack.

This would free up a lot of room.
Ben17879
Tracker

Re: Be able to select the amount of camping supplies to brin

Post by Ben17879 »

+100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 on this
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

Agreed!
homk
Mickey415
Scout

Post by Mickey415 »

Since all of the Camping Supplies packs appear to have completely different item ID's, I'd assume it'd be difficult to change everyone's camping supplies to add up correctly. Some changes could be implemented, one would allow you to hold a key (shift) and enter a number that you want to take out. Obviously, this would not allow you split one bottle of Scent Eliminator with 50 sprays into a bottle with just one spray. So, another modification would be needed.

Like you said about smaller stacks, they could modify the store so that the 100 pack is 10 x 10 packs of camping supplies. The 50 pack would be 5 x 10 packs of camping supplies. Then it would correct itself in the future when everyone buys them. Since it seems all the Camping Supplies have different item ID's, they should rename the 15 pack of Camping Supplies to Day Supplies to cause less confusion.

I mostly support this idea, because I think a feature is needed for when you want to quickly pull 48 duck decoys out of the lodge or what ever amount you want. The camping supplies have never affected me, but I agree that 100 supplies weighing you down was not designed right. In a way, it is similar to a bug that you can't do anything about and it should be fixed.
SeeDoe
Scout

Post by SeeDoe »

Since when do you buy a whole new set of camping supplies in real life anyway? Shouldn't camping supplies be an "Equipment" item like other setups (stand/blinds). Makes more sense imo.
Mickey415
Scout

Post by Mickey415 »

bjodasso wrote:Since when do you buy a whole new set of camping supplies in real life anyway? Shouldn't camping supplies be an "Equipment" item like other setups (stand/blinds). Makes more sense imo.
I guess that could be argued with that you need to buy food, water, toilet paper, and etc. It'd be interesting to know if they'd actually earn more sales if camping supplies were a one time buy or upgrade like the backpack, which might make them more appealing to buyers who don't want to buy consumable items. I guess you'd never know if you didn't try it.
Belorian
Hunter

Post by Belorian »

bjodasso wrote:Since when do you buy a whole new set of camping supplies in real life anyway? Shouldn't camping supplies be an "Equipment" item like other setups (stand/blinds). Makes more sense imo.
Ahhh every time you go camping, it don't say that its a new tent and sleeping bag every time just supplies.

So they could simply be things like:
Water
Food
Fire wood
Cooler with some cold ones
Portable BBQ
Bug spray
Mozzy net.

:D :D :D :D
~~HUNTING RIG~~
// CPU: FX-8350 @ 4.6Ghz || GPU: GTX1060 @ 2.2Ghz || RAM: DDR3 @ 1.9Ghz \\
// TRACK IR(Head Tracking) || FULL DETAIL @ 3660 x 1660 on 50" 4K OLED TV \\
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Moved to Thoughts & Suggestions » Equipment Suggestions
SeeDoe
Scout

Post by SeeDoe »

I was looking at the graphic for the camping supplies and there is the food/disposable supplies factor, but they also show a bed roll, mess kit, and what seems to be a sleeping bag...Maybe it's a one time purchase for the big stuff, and a small re-stocking fee for the disposables. I mean it wouldn't be my solution, seems too complicated for what we're trying to make more lifelike. I wouldn't mind the one time purchase thing either, maybe keep both options available.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Re: Be able to select the amount of camping supplies to bring.

Post by Generalkommendant »

Bumbed and second!

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”