Shooting Ear Protection

Luziano
Hunter

Shooting Ear Protection

Post by Luziano »

Shooting Ear Protection that could be used on the scarf or glasses slot, and will reduce the firing sounds (Even our neighbours will appreciate it).
Maybe they will lower the overall ambient volume or not, and you could turn then on and off like we do with glasses right now.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Re: Shooting Ear Protection

Post by OldMtnMan »

I would love to be able to turn down gun shot sound. If I have the volume up high enough to hear footsteps the gun shots are so loud they make me ears ring all night long. It's hard to sleep with a loud ringing in my head. I've tried turning down the sound right before taking a shot but most of the time i'm so focused on the animal I forget.

I'd even accept turning the gun shot sound off. That's better than the blasted ear ringing.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

Luziano wrote:Shooting Ear Protection that could be used on the scarf or glasses slot, and will reduce the firing sounds (Even our neighbours will appreciate it).
Maybe they will lower the overall ambient volume or not, and you could turn then on and off like we do with glasses right now.
Yeah, I like it. Sounds simple like having up to four different colored dots per user for the Huntermate. Of course, these will get "shot" down, no pun intended.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

This is a great idea!! Love to see this in the game.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Turn down your volume before shooting. That is the simplest. It isn't like we see something and immediately fire, there are a few seconds before we shoot, use that time to take aim and turn things down. :?

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

BCKidd wrote:Turn down your volume before shooting. That is the simplest. It isn't like we see something and immediately fire, there are a few seconds before we shoot, use that time to take aim and turn things down. :?

BCKidd.
Not always possible. Example:

I'm sneaking along slowly. All of a sudden I hear footsteps. My hearing is not that great and I need the volume in my headset turned all the way up. So, i'm staying frozen with the gun in hand trying to figure out where the animal is. I wait and wait. I just can't pinpoint where the animal is. Not sure if I even want to shoot it until I see it. Brush is thick. Finally the animal appears right on top of me. It's an animal I want to shoot (more than likely a cow elk) and I have one second to get the shot off before it see's me. There's not enough time to turn down the volume or even think about it. I shoot, take the animal and now my ears are ringing from taking a shot at full volume.

We should have a volume control for guns or be able to turn it off.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

BCKidd wrote:Turn down your volume before shooting. That is the simplest. It isn't like we see something and immediately fire, there are a few seconds before we shoot, use that time to take aim and turn things down. :?

BCKidd.
Although it would probably not be the most realistic addition to the game (which I absolutely prefer in most cases) this one would just give the user a little more control of the situation. However, one volume control for everything might not be something that can be changed in this 15 year old engine. It might be either on or off, which I wouldn't use.

Speaking of engines, take a look at what's coming to the already stunning realism of Unreal Engine 5.2. Just imagine what this game would look like rebuilt with this engine. :o Considering how incredible the game still looks in its 15 year old engine, it just boggles my mind dreaming of what it would look like if the devs had had these wonderful tools. My goodness.... :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLGmj86-j4k
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I think I got the answer for me. If I can get CS to delete my account one more time i'll start using the RD Xbow. That will solve the noise problem for my worn out hearing. I've blown out my hearing from too much real gun shooting. I'd use a compound but we can't go prone with it and I use prone all the time. I hunted with an Xbow for 5 years, so if will feel familiar. As long as I keep using guns my ears will be ringing and i'm tired of it.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

JimboCrow wrote: Speaking of engines, take a look at what's coming to the already stunning realism of Unreal Engine 5.2. Just imagine what this game would look like rebuilt with this engine. :o Considering how incredible the game still looks in its 15 year old engine, it just boggles my mind dreaming of what it would look like if the devs had had these wonderful tools. My goodness.... :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLGmj86-j4k
Wow! That vid was incredible! The way one could manipulate a pixelated world with the 5.2 Unreal Engine is incredible, all right. I would love to see a game such as tHC use it. It looks so frigging real- that it is Unreal! :lol: Thanks for sharing. ;)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Luziano
Hunter

Post by Luziano »

BCKidd.
Unfortunately this option does not generate revenue for EW. Ideas have to be commercial also!

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”