Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
juanmi650
Spotter

Re: CVA Percussion .50 Caliber Muzzleloader Mountain Pistol

Post by juanmi650 »

OldMtnMan wrote:You missed what I said but ok.
My apologies. I didn't quite understand the answer. Not knowing your language and using the translator is a bit confusing. Responding to what you told me: yes! My father still keeps my grandfather's muzzle-loading shotgun and he has explained to me that he has nothing to envy to those of the hour for hunting birds and rabbits. That weapon is beautiful. Too bad here in Spain they don't let us hunt with muzzleloaders. I don't know why or what idiot decided that but it is so. And it is true that the reloading should be worked on more since, as you say, no hunter with a muzzleloader would use the fast reload.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I'm afraid we're in the minority here. I'd be blown away if we ever got another muzzleloader but i'd be overjoyed too.

We can only dream my friend and hunt with what we have. I'm going to switch from modern rifles to trying the inline muzzleloader full time again. It's not a classic but neither is the caplock. At least I can see the reticle in the inline scope. Open sights are out of the question with my crummy eyes. I'll give myself 2 weeks with just the inline and then decide if I want to stay with it. I'll go back to wearing the buckskins too. Might as well go no aids too. No Huntermate, fast travel, sprays, or calls. Just the map, me, and the elk. Just the way I like it. Game mimic real life hunting.

Ok, off we go again. Old fart sneaking around the timber.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

OldMtnMan wrote:I'm afraid we're in the minority here. I'd be blown away if we ever got another muzzleloader but i'd be overjoyed too.

We can only dream my friend and hunt with what we have. I'm going to switch from modern rifles to trying the inline muzzleloader full time again. It's not a classic but neither is the caplock. At least I can see the reticle in the inline scope. Open sights are out of the question with my crummy eyes. I'll give myself 2 weeks with just the inline and then decide if I want to stay with it. I'll go back to wearing the buckskins too. Might as well go no aids too. No Huntermate, fast travel, sprays, or calls. Just the map, me, and the elk. Just the way I like it. Game mimic real life hunting.

Let's be strong friend. We have to fight and make a hole for ourselves. Right now I am using the old 16ga shotgun and the colt 45 revolver. I will change again tomorrow for sure and I think I will use the old rifle 45-70 and the 357 revolver. Soon I will return to the caplock. I hope that we will be heard and that they will add new muzzleloaders and more content of these.
Last edited by juanmi650 on March 20th, 2022, 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

juanmi650 wrote:
OldMtnMan wrote:I'm afraid we're in the minority here. I'd be blown away if we ever got another muzzleloader but i'd be overjoyed too.

Let's be strong friend. We have to fight and make a hole for ourselves. Right now I am using the old 16ga shotgun and the colt 45 revolver. I will change again tomorrow for sure and I think I will use the old rifle shards and the 357 revolver. Soon I will return to the caplock. I hope that we will be heard and that they will add new muzzleloaders and more content of these.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I'd still like to see a flintlock. I owned a custom built Isaac Haines flintlock. It was a beautiful gun and a great hunting gun. Mine was in left hand .54 cal and dropped elk like a rock.

Here's the kit my gun was built from.

https://www.flintlocks.com/rifles02.htm
Last edited by OldMtnMan on March 20th, 2022, 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

Now that I mention the old 45-70 rifle. It would not be bad if they added an old springfield trapoor rifle. How do you think it would suit the game friend?
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

juanmi650 wrote:

Now that I mention the old 45-70 rifle. It would not be bad if they added an old springfield trapoor rifle. How do you think it would suit the game friend?
Nice gun but a trap door isn't a muzzleloader. It shoots a cartridge. That's the trap door part.

Buy the 45/70 Buffalo gun in game. I bought one and it's good for bison.
Last edited by OldMtnMan on March 20th, 2022, 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

OldMtnMan wrote:I'd still like to see a flintlock. I owned a custom built Isaac Haines flintlock. It was a beautiful gun and a great hunting gun. Mine was in left hand .54 cal and dropped elk like a rock.

Here's the kit my gun was built from.

https://www.flintlocks.com/rifles02.htm
Is beautiful! I'd love to see a flintlock too. It would be spectacular. The truth is that they remain at the gates of the muzzleloaders and could put much more content of this. We have to try to make them listen to us and as I say the use of these weapons in the game is very good since it gives it a fun change of pace and we don't fall into the monotony of modern rifles.
juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

OldMtnMan wrote:
juanmi650 wrote:

Nice gun but a trap door isn't a muzzleloader. It shoots a cartridge. That's the trap door part.

Buy the 45/70 Buffalo gun in game. I bought one and it's good for bison.
Be my friend, it's not muzzle-loading. I mean that by using the old 45-70 rifle as I mentioned in the previous message, it reminded me of the old springfield trapoor rifle and I think it would also suit the game great, although it is not the weapon and type that we are asking for.

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”