Can I use a mono or tripod while in a tree stand?

Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Can I use a mono or tripod while in a tree stand?

Post by Alphamale1956 »

If not how about a monopod for tree stands?
trulight
Scout

Re: Can I use a mono or tripod while in a tree stand?

Post by trulight »

No, those are used completely seperately.
FrozenHorse
Spotter

Post by FrozenHorse »

You cannot, but I believe there is some weapon wobble reduction in tree stand, by default. Detailed info can be found in thehunter wikipedia page.
FrozenHorse stats:
Spoiler:
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

FrozenHorse wrote:You cannot, but I believe there is some weapon wobble reduction in tree stand, by default. Detailed info can be found in thehunter wikipedia page.
Yeah, I read that. It's something like 30%. If I'm not mistaken, you could wrap a sling around one of the posts, twist it and attach it to the rifle swivel mounts (ala a tourniquet) and you would get zero wobble. Why can't we do that? It would certainly make up for the obstacle that the tower posts now are when tracking fleeing targets.

trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

Alphamale1956 wrote:
FrozenHorse wrote:You cannot, but I believe there is some weapon wobble reduction in tree stand, by default. Detailed info can be found in thehunter wikipedia page.
Yeah, I read that. It's something like 30%. If I'm not mistaken, you could wrap a sling around one of the posts, twist it and attach it to the rifle swivel mounts (ala a tourniquet) and you would get zero wobble. Why can't we do that? It would certainly make up for the obstacle that the tower posts now are when tracking fleeing targets.

Well we didn't even get a decent reduction with the current deployable tripods....... And you already get reduction when in a treestand without items. If they did do an item, they would take away the current and add it to the item.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

trulight wrote:
Well we didn't even get a decent reduction with the current deployable tripods....... And you already get reduction when in a treestand without items. If they did do an item, they would take away the current and add it to the item.
Huh? We get an 80% reduction in wobble with tri-pods.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”