Custom sight zeroing

adkennedy03

Custom sight zeroing

Post by adkennedy03 »

What about having the ability to zero your gun or bow to the distance you would like to shoot. For example zeroing your rifle for let’s say 250m for long range hunting. How about being able to set the pins for the bows yourself like how the snakebite has a single fixed pin. Why can’t we zero it to what ever distance we like? The only ones this wouldn’t work for are the crossbow scopes because there’s no way irl to move dots inside a scope and of course the traditional bows for obvious reasons. I feel this would add some extra realism and fun into the game.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Custom sight zeroing

Post by Tod1d »

This has been asked for many times, and would be a really cool addition to the game. A huge part of hunting is practicing & sighting-in.
It would even better if target shooting counted toward your weapon skill.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Post by hunterPRO1 »

another vote for sight adjustments!

rifle zeroing would be great and i really want to use it on bow sights.
the single pin sight for the snakebite, and the 3 pin for the parker, are both slightly off (snake bite is 25 maybe 20m instead of 20, and parker is 20,45,65, not 20 40 60) id love to be able to set those where i would like and not have to remember to adjust.

i also have a question for anyone who knows the answer, do the bullets actually fire from the barrel of the gun, or do they fire from the center of the screen like with some other shooting games ? (wondering if a zero where the point of impact is in the center of the crosshairs at 2 different ranges is possible. my irl rifle is set at 25/200)
"you win some, you lose some, you wreck some."
Spoiler:
joaopaulo500
Spotter

Post by joaopaulo500 »

Thought about this the other day when i did some long shots! I would like to see the adjustable zeroing in 25m increments, at least for the long range scopes like the 22x!
Dubitabilus
Hunter

Post by Dubitabilus »

At the very least, I'd like to see the "standard zero" of all optics updated to correspond with the Extended Render Range update we had a while ago.
Being zeroed at 100m calls for compensation starting as close as 150m for some of the less aerodynamic cartridges.

Perhaps a 200m zero for centerfire cartridges would be a better fit, if custom zero's are not possible.

Just throwing a number out here:
A 200m zero should only rise 50-76mm (2-3 inches) for most of the cartridges at 100m.
For the 320m horizontal render range, zeroing at 200m makes "Arkansas Elevation" easier.
Semper vigilans, Numquam dubitabilis - "Always Vigilant, Never Doubtful"
https://www.boone-crockett.org/minimum- ... n-big-game
Spoiler:

Lovebug

Post by Lovebug »

They have it in call of the wild and I absolutely love it. Makes longer shots easier
mel_o_mel
Tracker

Post by mel_o_mel »

Being able to enter the shooting benches at the range would be nice too. It would allow us to see how the weapons perform without wobble.
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Its one of the things most missed when you consider that even deer hunter 3 which came out in 1999/2000 gave the option to set the rifle scopes at whatever range you wanted. You went to the range and set the scope with the up and down or left and right arrows on the keyboard. The scopes were not zeroed automatically, so you haqd to go to the range and set them yourself before your first hunt.

In DH2004 it was possible to make your own reticles and add the file to the game, I made many reticles with range marks for different distances right out to 600 yards. In DH2005 the standard ammo ceased to exist after 400yards as past 400 the trajectory information was not in the ammo files. However editing the trajectory and adding the information to the ammo file allowed longer range shooting to be accomplished.
It was also possible to add new ammunition to the game by building an ammo file and adding it to the game. I built ammo files for 22.50 and .303 and they worked very satisfactorily.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

adkennedy03 wrote:What about having the ability to zero your gun or bow to the distance you would like to shoot. For example zeroing your rifle for let’s say 250m for long range hunting. How about being able to set the pins for the bows yourself like how the snakebite has a single fixed pin. Why can’t we zero it to what ever distance we like? The only ones this wouldn’t work for are the crossbow scopes because there’s no way irl to move dots inside a scope and of course the traditional bows for obvious reasons. I feel this would add some extra realism and fun into the game.

Just for your info.

You can set the scope on xbows. You sight in the 20yd dot and then adjust the others with a dial that sets for the bows fps but we use it to sight in the dots regardless of the fps. It works out good and all the dots are right where they should be for their yardage. You'll pay a bit of money for the scopes with that feature.
Pete

Long live Hunter Classic.

Hunting elk with round lead balls. Perfect!

You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”