Modern and Strong Longbow

OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Re: Modern and Strong Longbow

Post by OldMtnMan »

I finally bought the longbow. Kind of wish I hadn't but maybe not.

Having to hold so low for 20 yd shots is ridiculous. They should have given us dead on at 20yds and let us figure out hold over for longer shots. I'm aiming down on a leg now for a short shot and my brain says don't release the arrow. My real longbow shoots dead on at 20 yds and that's what i'm used to.

I'll get used to shooting the game longbow and then be messed up with my real one. Crap!

I've only shot one cow elk to test it's power and she dropped on the spot. I'll have to try a bull next.

Another example of the developers not being hunters. The longbow shoots dead on at a distance no ethical hunter would shoot big game.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Not really sure what you're talking about here. My point on distance with my longbow in real life is 60-65 yards. Too far for a shot but not at all unrealistic.
You must either be using an Apache style draw (3 fingers under) or shooting a very heavy arrow or a light bow for a 20 yard point on distance. Each setup is different, but I find the in-game bow to be a fairly accurate representation for the shooting style used by the avatar.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I don't take a hunting shot over 30 yds when real hunting. I know it shoots farther but why set the bow for a point of aim at a long distance?

btw..I love your bow. I just read the thread you wrote about it. Are you happy with the way it shoots in game? I'd think at 75 lb it would shoot a bit flatter.

I'd like to post me shooting my longbow around 1950 but I can't get it to show without installing a program. I hate to do that for one picture. Can I email it to someone and have them post it? Thanks.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

OldMtnMan wrote:I don't take a hunting shot over 30 yds when real hunting. I know it shoots farther but why set the bow for a point of aim at a long distance?

btw..I love your bow. I just read the thread you wrote about it. Are you happy with the way it shoots in game? I'd think at 75 lb it would shoot a bit flatter.

I'd like to post me shooting my longbow around 1950 but I can't get it to show without installing a program. I hate to do that for one picture. Can I email it to someone and have them post it? Thanks.
I shoot instinctively so I don't like having the arrow in the sight picture or using it as an aiming reference. If I used a gap system or similar then I might set my bow up to shoot with a closer point on, especially for hunting. I like to shoot longer distance at the range all the time so it's nice to have a longer point on distance for stuff like that.

Thanks, I appreciate it! I find it a bit odd that it's point on distance is so close but I guess that's just how it is. After a little practice I've gotten consistent out to 40m in the game with it. I would expect it to shoot a little flatter though if it was taking after the actual bow.

You should be able to take the picture and put it in a website called postimage. That's what I use, then you just copy the url and paste it in between these two boxes

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I shoot instinctively in real life too. I don't find it works that well in game. Not for me anyway.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

So, I joined Postimage and uploaded the picture of me shooting my longbow as a kid in 1952. I've tried everything I can think of and can't get it to show. I keep getting this message from the forum.

It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct.

Yes, it's correct. Here it is if anybody can get it to show. Please tell me how you did it.

EDIT...Never mind. Just click on the link and the picture shows.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by AveryW88 »

Needed the big image tag, system can be a bit finicky about image size sometimes.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Now it shows. Kind of a big picture. Oops!
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by AveryW88 »

As someone with eye problems, I appreciate big pictures :)
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Yes, me too. I'm blind in one eye and can't see out the other. That's an old joke but true in my case.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”