No 6.5 Creedmoor or .450 Bushmaster

Maxmunger8
Spotter

No 6.5 Creedmoor or .450 Bushmaster

Post by Maxmunger8 »

It has come to my attention that there is not a .450 Bushmaster or 6.5 Creedmoor. I don't know why since these are the hottest calibers for deer in the market. You would think that the Hunter Support would be spammed with these request, but there not delivering. I wish these would be added to the game, would make hunting medium game a breeze. Hopefully this request will be accepted eventually, but for now I'm kind of disappointed. :-(
Why do you wear pink camo? Are you going to hunt flamingos? - Anonymous
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: No 6.5 Creedmoor or .450 Bushmaster

Post by Fletchette »

I'm guessing you're not from North America, since neither of those rounds would be considered the "hottest calibers for deer" here. The 6.5 Creedmoor just might crack the top 10 or 15, but rounds like the 30-30, 30-06, .270, .300 Win Mag, .308, 7mm Rem Mag, .243, etc., are certainly the most commonly used deer hunting rounds in the US and Canada. I doubt the .450 Bushmaster would even make the top 20 or 30.

Don't get we wrong, I'm not against them being added to the game, the more the merrier.
Personal Bests...
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Bushmasters are selling like hotcakes here in Michigan. Since the "Shotgun" zone (was no centerfire rifles) rule changed & now allows straight wall cartridges both the 350 & 450 have become pretty popular. They can even be used now during muzzle-loader season (not sure of the logic on that one).
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Tod1d wrote:Bushmasters are selling like hotcakes here in Michigan. Since the "Shotgun" zone (was no centerfire rifles) rule changed & now allows straight wall cartridges both the 350 & 450 have become pretty popular. They can even be used now during muzzle-loader season (not sure of the logic on that one).
I heard about that change, good deal....Now the problem is actually finding ANY ammo to buy. I haven't been able to find decent rifle ammo in stores or online for about 10 months. Asked a local dealer about ordering some, and he just said to not waste my time. He hasn't gotten any regular shipments since last spring.
Personal Bests...
Dubitabilus
Hunter

Post by Dubitabilus »

If you want to simulate calibers similar to the 6.5 CRDMR and the .450 BM, then try out the 6.5x55mm and .45-70 GOV'T in-game.

Both cartridges are very effective in-game and are technically "precursors" to the 6.5 CRDMR and the .450 BM.
The only glaring differences I can think of among the new and older cartridges is that the newer cartridges are designed to accommodate short action/semi-auto platforms.

I've heard in certain "straight-wall states" the .450 BM is a favorite for AR owners.
The 6.5 CRDMR on the other hand is a bottle-necked cartridge that started as a target round then made the transition to a commercially successful hunting round.
Semper vigilans, Numquam dubitabilis - "Always Vigilant, Never Doubtful"
https://www.boone-crockett.org/minimum- ... n-big-game
Spoiler:

Elrique64
Spotter

Post by Elrique64 »

Both of those rounds are also able to work on the AR-10 action, which we currently don't have in game. This opens up a whole range of potential paths for upgrading/customizing weapons. Imagine, if you will, buying a lower and putting on an upper based on the animals you intend to hunt that day. Weapons skills could be shared in some sort of pool... For every 3 points with an AR-10 in .308/7.62 Nato you get one point towards the 6.5 CM and 1 towards the .450 BM. Same goes the other way, you bought the lower and slapped a .450 BM on it first off, then you are developing skills in both the 6.5 CM and the .308/7.62 Nato.

Could do something similar with the existing .223 Auto, which seems to be designed on the AR-15. 6.5 Greandel and .458 SOCOM uppers along with the .223/5,56 Nato.

As far as pricing these, the lowers could cost roughly 50% of the current .223 Auto, and each upper running roughly the other 50%. (Pretty close to current pricing in the U.S. now for these parts from name branded companies.) AR-10 lowers could be 60% of the AR-15's costs, and each upper running 60% as well. For that matter, there are a few companies in the U.S that make a .22LR adapter to be used in an AR-15 .223/5.56 upper. The kit is a new Bolt Carrier Group replacing the existing one in the upper, and uses the same barrel, etc. of the 2.23/5.56NATO. There are special magazines for the .22lr, so again, a mag change is needed. This generally runs $100-$150 for the kit, so in game, maybe 2.5KGM$ and, of course, it's own skill set based on the .223 Auto's as outlined above.

And as far as accessories, the scopes, slings, tripods, etc. mounted on the upper remain on it until/unless you change them out IN THE LODGE! (Most of these mods generally need some sort of tools, anyway, so this could make sense as a game mechanic.) BUT you can change uppers at any point while in the field out hunting. (Carry the .223 and .458 SOCOM upper and can swap them out as needed based on animals nearby. It is essentially a mag swap and 2 pins to remove the upper and put a new one on. 10 seconds max if you are experienced with it.) The second upper could fill weapon slot 2, or even 3 for that matter. Reducing the total weapon count but giving a whole new level of immersion.

This whole idea opens up a lot of potential money generation for the developer, as the only limits here would be how many they wanted to make for each action. Each of them adds skills to grind, as well as GM$/EM$ going back as each is purchased by the players.
Our freedoms have been bought by the blood of our Veterans. Pay them back with love, kindness and support.

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”