7mm-08 Scout Bolt Action Rifle

jttoo
Hunter

Re: 7mm-08 Scout Bolt Action Rifle

Post by jttoo »

I bought it, hoping that it would drop fox even if you get a body shot....nope, the little beasties still shrug off 7mm body shots. :(

Things like this really show how ridiculous it is that a little fox can shrug off a gunshot, straight to center-of-mass, while hitting its toe with an arrow results in a harvest.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

jttoo wrote:I bought it, hoping that it would drop fox even if you get a body shot....nope, the little beasties still shrug off 7mm body shots. :(

Things like this really show how ridiculous it is that a little fox can shrug off a gunshot, straight to center-of-mass, while hitting its toe with an arrow results in a harvest.
Yep! That was my similar experience when hunting wolves with it.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Bought the elite. Its the best and worst rifle in the game. Love the feeling of control. More often then not you cant set it up though. But lying in wait for a bobcat is nice though your scoping possibilities are limited and tracking walking deer is great when you finally manage to set it up and can forget about any wobble. Maybe bushrangers and whiterime is the best reserves for it.

HP do seem to do well enough where hv is only for bobcats and coyotes. But like the feel of precision being so crucial.

Make the bipod manual and you got the best rifle in the game.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

knott wrote:Bought the elite. Its the best and worst rifle in the game. Love the feeling of control. More often then not you cant set it up though. But lying in wait for a bobcat is nice though your scoping possibilities are limited and tracking walking deer is great when you finally manage to set it up and can forget about any wobble. Maybe bushrangers and whiterime is the best reserves for it.

HP do seem to do well enough where hv is only for bobcats and coyotes. But like the feel of precision being so crucial.

Once you get used to it, you'll love that rifle. I bought it and had it maxed out in no time. I agree the bipod does interfere with some shots if you can't get it set up. But, the good thing is that in crouching mode, it is easy to control. I think it is an awesome gun. Yep, the HP ammo works best even at LR shooting, although the description reads that the HV is for those longshots, it lacks power to take anything bigger than the yotes and fox at a distance over 150m. Practice with it and you'll be pleased with that purchase. ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

Which to buy, elite or standard?
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Difference is 5 and 10 shot magazine. If you hunt hogs at barrels the 10 magazine may work for you :)
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

BCKidd wrote:
knott wrote:Bought the elite. Its the best and worst rifle in the game. Love the feeling of control. More often then not you cant set it up though. But lying in wait for a bobcat is nice though your scoping possibilities are limited and tracking walking deer is great when you finally manage to set it up and can forget about any wobble. Maybe bushrangers and whiterime is the best reserves for it.

Once you get used to it, you'll love that rifle. I bought it and had it maxed out in no time. I agree the bipod does interfere with some shots if you can't get it set up. But, the good thing is that in crouching mode, it is easy to control. I think it is an awesome gun. Yep, the HP ammo works best even at LR shooting, although the description reads that the HV is for those longshots, it lacks power to take anything bigger than the yotes and fox at a distance over 150m. Practice with it and you'll be pleased with that purchase. ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.
Only 3 in weight do put it in direct contention with the raptor. Helps so much with inventory and also stability. But I have some levling to do to compare :)

How do you find the 7mm-08 HP compared to 7mm?
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I think the 7mm-08 HP is comparable- to the 7mm. I think I have got more distance with the 7mm-08 HP tho'. For knock down power I'd say they are both worthy of that. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
FatMountainbear
Hunter

Post by FatMountainbear »

Same here AVC2013,........i am just your opinion.....not to use the default bipods would be really great, i like this rifle too:)

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”