7mm-08 Scout Bolt Action Rifle

AVC2013
Outfitter

7mm-08 Scout Bolt Action Rifle

Post by AVC2013 »

I like this rifle. It has awesome power and accuracy, but...
Would it be possible if we have the options to not using the default bipods?
mel_o_mel
Tracker

Re: 7mm-08 Scout Bolt Action Rifle

Post by mel_o_mel »

Please, Please, and Pretty Please.

I'd pay the price of the rifle again if the bi-pod could be made optional or even just removed.

I've been a serious mission grinder and while I have spent around $50 on em$ to support the game I have, for the most part, been trying to purchase everything with gm$. I did my first reset at around 45% completion of the missions and am currently about 87% through the missions on my way to hopefully full completion before I reset again. I really appreciate that I could have gotten this far without spending any money, and hope it is appreciated that I was willing to spend my money to support the game.

So with that being said, I bought the 7mm-08 just for my own enjoyment. It doesn't help me complete any missions and I bought it just because I wanted it so much.

And I love it. It's versatile. It's light. It's accurate. It's just great!

It's everything I was hoping for.

Except for that bi-pod.

I like to shoot long distance, but because of the mechanics of the bi-pod, I almost never choose this great weapon. It's just too frustrating trying to find a spot where you can use it at all. Then, when you do find a spot and get over the disorientation of seeing something completely different from what you were seeing prior to looking through the scope, and you relocate the target only to find that you can't match up the cross-hairs because you can't move any more....

Well, yeah, it just sucks.

So PLEASE and Thank You :)
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)
Hosenfuhrer
Spotter

Post by Hosenfuhrer »

Having the bipod as a toggleable option would perfect this gun.
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

Hosenfuhrer wrote:Having the bipod as a toggleable option would perfect this gun.
That's the perfect solution in my eyes. A compromise that works well for both parties.
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

Plus one voice.

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
zacht180

Post by zacht180 »

One of my favorite weapons as well, but the bipod certainly is very finicky so I find myself not using it as often. It can be a headache getting it angled right if you're not on completely flat ground, and even so if the grass or brush is too tall it won't help anyways.

What about making it a long-daddy bipod that can be used from a crouched or seated position? Sort of like this:

I can see that sort of being too similar to the current standing tripod, though. Now that I think of it, I wonder if it would be possible to implement a generic "resting" position in THC's engine, Sort of like how some of the new Call of Duties and other shoots are putting into their games. Lean up against a tree, rock, log, etc. and press a key to rest your weapon against it.
Hosenfuhrer
Spotter

Post by Hosenfuhrer »

Yeahm the original idea of an integral bipod sounded really cool, but the actual implementation is.. eh.. Just the toggle option would be enough to fix 90% of the problems with it.
khavy
Tracker

Post by khavy »

Yes absolutley!
It's almost not usable right now!
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

mel_o_mel wrote: It's everything I was hoping for.

Except for that bi-pod.
Hey EW, what's the chance we could get this 'advanced firearm' fixed, so that it is useable when prone, where ever, and on whatever surface you are prone on?

Just the option to not deploy the bipod....
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

Surely a bugfix related to this has been submitted? I don't own it yet, probably never will if it's this bad.
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”