Silencer, Good Idea or Bad

thehammer223
Tracker

Silencer, Good Idea or Bad

Post by thehammer223 »

I have been thinking for a few months now that The Hunter Classic needs a silencer. Certain rules apply to it though. Can only be put on rifles between 223 caliber to 340 weatherby magnum. Does not eliminate all noise, but animals say 140 meters and farther for 223 and 180 meters and farther for 340 weatherby do not spook. The price I would say would be at 249 $em and can be switched on and off other guns. But if the silencer is on, 10% damage is taken away. Tell me what you guys think! Good idea or keep the game the same.

[When in doubt, use a bigger caliber.]
[My TheHunter Classic name is "Cerebral_Stalker"]
fantamichele
Outfitter

Re: Silencer, Good Idea or Bad

Post by fantamichele »

The silencer in the game is a bad idea, it is not difficult to capture the animals in this game.
After the silencer what? The invisibility cloak?
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

I agree with fantamichele . You'll never see that being created for this game . I hope not anyway !

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

In real life hunting, never. But in this game and they way it is designed I could see a few very specific instances where I have thought it would be nice to have a silencer. :)

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

fantamichele wrote:The silencer in the game is a bad idea, it is not difficult to capture the animals in this game.
After the silencer what? The invisibility cloak?
Right, because both are things that do exist and are used in real life scenarios.
Spoiler:
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

I forgot the map indicating the exact position of each animal :shock:

The change I would make is to make the animals less scared at a distance of more than 250 meters, in this way you have the ability to capture more animals without using any silencer.
Or you can always play with rendering, I often use it at BRR and it's a lot of fun.
thehammer223
Tracker

Post by thehammer223 »

fantamichele wrote:I forgot the map indicating the exact position of each animal :shock:

The change I would make is to make the animals less scared at a distance of more than 250 meters, in this way you have the ability to capture more animals without using any silencer.
Or you can always play with rendering, I often use it at BRR and it's a lot of fun.
Ok, good idea, I could see that in the game and being very useful. Also then the animals wouldn't run 300 meters when you shot at them.

BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

I just don't get how much different it is than bow hunting as it currently works in this game.
You can just sit down your a$$ and stick 20 critters an hour. And I doubt the sound report of a SUPRESSOR (silencers don't exist, period) would be so low as to make them even close to as effective as the bows are.
Spoiler:
thehammer223
Tracker

Post by thehammer223 »

BuiuRei wrote:I just don't get how much different it is than bow hunting as it currently works in this game.
You can just sit down your a$$ and stick 20 critters an hour. And I doubt the sound report of a SUPRESSOR (silencers don't exist, period) would be so low as to make them even close to as effective as the bows are.
The idea would be to shoot 200 meters plus without having to track them forever like the Bighorn Sheep and Alpine Ibex to save time. I know somebody that does use a 300 blackout and he shot a deer out of a group of deer and dropped it, but the other deer didn't run and kept eating because it is so quiet. So it would be a little realistic.

BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

thehammer223 wrote:
BuiuRei wrote:I just don't get how much different it is than bow hunting as it currently works in this game.
The idea would be to shoot 200 meters plus without having to track them forever like the Bighorn Sheep and Alpine Ibex to save time. I know somebody that does use a 300 blackout and he shot a deer out of a group of deer and dropped it, but the other deer didn't run and kept eating because it is so quiet. So it would be a little realistic.
Just to get it straight, I'm all for it.
I'm arguing against those that think it renders the gun completely silent and is almost an invisibility cloak.
Spoiler:

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”