Silencer, Good Idea or Bad

thehammer223
Tracker

Re: Silencer, Good Idea or Bad

Post by thehammer223 »

BuiuRei wrote:
thehammer223 wrote:
BuiuRei wrote:I just don't get how much different it is than bow hunting as it currently works in this game.
You can just sit down your a$$ and stick 20 critters an hour. And I doubt the sound report of a SUPRESSOR (silencers don't exist, period) would be so low as to make them even close to as effective as the bows are.
The idea would be to shoot 200 meters plus without having to track them forever like the Bighorn Sheep and Alpine Ibex to save time. I know somebody that does use a 300 blackout and he shot a deer out of a group of deer and dropped it, but the other deer didn't run and kept eating because it is so quiet. So it would be a little realistic.
Just to get it straight, I'm all for it.
I'm arguing against those that think it renders the gun completely silent and is almost an invisibility cloak.
Ok, I thought that 20 critters an hour was a little exaggerating.

[When in doubt, use a bigger caliber.]
[My TheHunter Classic name is "Cerebral_Stalker"]
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

thehammer223 wrote:
BuiuRei wrote:
thehammer223 wrote:
The idea would be to shoot 200 meters plus without having to track them forever like the Bighorn Sheep and Alpine Ibex to save time. I know somebody that does use a 300 blackout and he shot a deer out of a group of deer and dropped it, but the other deer didn't run and kept eating because it is so quiet. So it would be a little realistic.
Just to get it straight, I'm all for it.
I'm arguing against those that think it renders the gun completely silent and is almost an invisibility cloak.
Ok, I thought that 20 critters an hour was a little exaggerating.
But that's what you get today if you're in the right place with decent archery skills. And I'd doubt you could manage that with a well implemented supressor.
Spoiler:
thehammer223
Tracker

Post by thehammer223 »

Ok, I thought that 20 critters an hour was a little exaggerating.[/quote]
But that's what you get today if you're in the right place with decent archery skills. And I'd doubt you could manage that with a well implemented supressor.[/quote]

I guess you could kill 20 elk in an hour if you found a few herds of cows in 5 or 6.

Toledo
Spotter

Post by Toledo »

Go ahead, use a silencer if you want to collect every sub par mule deer out there, instead I will blast that 245 with one loud bang for the whole world to hear! :lol:
thehammer223
Tracker

Post by thehammer223 »

Toledo wrote:Go ahead, use a silencer if you want to collect every sub par mule deer out there, instead I will blast that 245 with one loud bang for the whole world to hear! :lol:
The idea is so that that 245 mule deer does not spook when you do not see it when you shoot a 215 using the silencer.

Toledo
Spotter

Post by Toledo »

thehammer223 wrote:The idea is so that that 245 mule deer does not spook when you do not see it when you shoot a 215 using the silencer.
If someone spooks a 245 in this game, when he tries to kill a 215 with a silent recurve, then he needs to work on his skills, instead of buying a silencer. ;)
Sulfurblade
Hunter

Post by Sulfurblade »

Huge difference between arguing about the legal silent nature of a bow that is a Legal short range weapon compared to the very illegal use of a silencer for hunting!

What would you like next, plastic covered windows the night before deer season opens? Or maybe Live pen traps to hold your trophy deer in place till you can bother to walk up too it to shoot it....
thehammer223
Tracker

Post by thehammer223 »

Toledo wrote:
thehammer223 wrote:The idea is so that that 245 mule deer does not spook when you do not see it when you shoot a 215 using the silencer.
If someone spooks a 245 in this game, when he tries to kill a 215 with a silent recurve, then he needs to work on his skills, instead of buying a silencer. ;)
The silencer is for a rifle, not a bow, but yes if you spook a deer 150 meters away with a bow then you do have problems. Or you shoot it with a silencer and everything out of render range doesn't run forever.

Toledo
Spotter

Post by Toledo »

thehammer223 wrote:
Toledo wrote:
The silencer is for a rifle, not a bow, but yes if you spook a deer 150 meters away with a bow then you do have problems. Or you shoot it with a silencer and everything out of render range doesn't run forever.
When I write "instead of buying a silencer", then I assume that you understand that I'm talking about a silencer for a rifle. :)
thehammer223
Tracker

Post by thehammer223 »

Toledo wrote:
thehammer223 wrote:
Toledo wrote:If someone spooks a 245 in this game, when he tries to kill a 215 with a silent recurve, then he needs to work on his skills, instead of buying a silencer. ;)
When I write "instead of buying a silencer", then I assume that you understand that I'm talking about a silencer for a rifle. :)
Yeah i understand, but try to shoot a wolf or deer at 150 meters with a recurve. That is why I made the forum. It is not about if it is quieter than a bow. It is would a silencer be a good idea. You don't have to buy it.

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”