ethical or not ethical

landser
Tracker

ethical or not ethical

Post by landser »

wel im a long time the hunter supporter but a casual player witch means i play maybe 1 time a year or it could be everyday as wel after close to a year i thought lets have a look again and bought a year membership again. but in the 9 years i am supporting this game i still mis 1 important little thing for me and i think also others do. since you cant hunt in my country or have any weapons i dont know anything about it and it would be nice that you not only can see what animals you can shoot with what gun/bullet it would be olso nice if that was a thing in the game it self for example when you go into the menu and go to the ammo bock and click on the ? it would let you see what animals you can hunt with them i do like to take 7mm-08 Scout Bolt Action Rifle for an example it does have 2 types of rounds hp and hv rounds and i think most of the people dont think when they see an animal witch bullet can i use for this one now and shoot and got a message from doc... other ways you have to tab out of the game witch is not useful aswel that is actually 1 thing that bothers me since the beginning

i think you get the idea some sort of drop down menu where you can see what animals you can shoot with the typ of ammo IN game so you dont have to tap out and it would be more noob friendly/more friendly to casual players
_dfad_
Scout

Re: ethical or not ethical

Post by _dfad_ »

It makes sense of course. In real life you should keep in mind without referring any external source what's ethical for your weapon. But in real life you don't buy 20+ different weapons in a single year and do not travel few different reserves per day.

I'd like to have another functionality related to that as well. Who did never shot an animal with wrong ammunition just by mistake? Like when you get a trophy size boar at your sight but have forgotten that you loaded birdshot ammos to your shotgun ten minutes earlier while chasing those pheasants... On another hand, shots with non-ethical ammo should be allowed because when a boar (hog, buffalo) attacks me, I'd prefer to shot him with what's loaded than to get hurt. :) Well, having some notification would be a solution, but not of those kind that turns hunting simulator to arcade game.

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

This i think this has been already suggested, next to have a rare non-typical id when you harvest an animal with the huntermate, and both are great ideas that would improve the game play, i completely agree, is annoying to have alt-tab as the only work around, well, those who play more often already know by heart what weapons can shoot what animals, but new players or more casual players need alt-tab? i think EW can make it better.

As _dfad_ sometimes you can get confuse and shot the wrong ammo, i once lost a rare WT because the .44 revolver and the .454 El Bisonte looks kind of similar for a inexpert eye, and i blast the thing with a .454, fail, But actually you can shoot a charging animal with any ammo, just wont count and Doc will spam you, but at least you can save your virtual life.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
landser
Tracker

Post by landser »

i did sugested it a few years ago aswel but... and you should be allowed to shoot it unethical i agree on that but i dont understand all those unethical bullets anyways for me a bullet is a bullet some bigger some smaller lol i think a bullet that does kill a deer does kill a buffalo aswel right... pop it in the head and done or the lungs it will bleed out anyways might take a bit longer but i will not go into that because i have no clue what im talking about :D so yeah i think it would be a great option or at least some kind of indicator like you be on a map and it shows you what animal you can hunt with that weapon on the map and i understand that the hardcore hunters dont want it and are more like that takes realism away but outside of the u.s there are not many country's where you are free to hunt/many people hunt so 99% of the people just know that guns do kill and have different bullet sizes and speeds ^^
Zycho
Spotter

Post by Zycho »

Because of the new hunter classic spirit i want to show you this thread and add something: Why are there so many different ethical weapons/animals? In reality you shoot the fox with the same weapon you shoot wild boar - ingame impossible. That is really sad. I know you want to earn money so you invented those rules but it reduces the funfactor and realismfactor when you have to change your weapon so often.
I understand that noone would hunt rabbits with a bisonrifle, but between those extreme examples should be more freedom for the player.

Follow our crew on instagram
charles197
Scout

Post by charles197 »

crossbow kills everything!

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”