Semi Auto

Thekillerbob

Semi Auto

Post by Thekillerbob »

I was just thinking why don't we have a semi Auto 12 ga shotgun, it would be great for duck and goose hunting
dj.p.king
Scout

Re: Semi Auto

Post by dj.p.king »

There are 2 20 ga semiauto shotguns surely they will do ?, i'm not a duck hunter so wouldn't know.
Season 26

1 Range record Season 23 - Dall 583.110 m, 1 Range record Season 25 - Dall 601.410 m
PB range, Xbow 230.230, Bow 471.180, Rifle 601.410
Game play 2700+ hours/hunter score 19000+ http://www.uhcapps.co.uk/stats.php?username=djpking
P*Funk
Spotter

Post by P*Funk »

I'd settle for them speeding up the reload animation for the 12 GA pump to something realistic. Needing semi auto to be able to fire fast is a stupid video game myth. Its infuriating the wait on the 12 GA.

https://youtu.be/t_1-E6qFuXk?t=614
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

Pump shotgun has good reload time in the game, and it is not a problem to keep a finger on 'R' while you aim ducks: you don't move at that moment usually. Generally, pump 12GA is much more effective on ducks in the game than 20GA, as it has higher chance to hit a bird and higher energy of single pellet. So you can dream on automated 12GA but still could perform well with existing shotgun.

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

P*Funk wrote:I'd settle for them speeding up the reload animation for the 12 GA pump to something realistic. Needing semi auto to be able to fire fast is a stupid video game myth. Its infuriating the wait on the 12 GA.

https://youtu.be/t_1-E6qFuXk?t=614
Please submit an IRL video of you firing your last shot, and loading 6 new shells into your pump shotgun that is faster than this game does it...
Personal Bests...
P*Funk
Spotter

Post by P*Funk »

Yes yes, not reloading the weapon, chambering another shell with the pump action. Whatever.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

The semi-automatic 12-gauge shotgun has been requested for many years by many people and for many times ............ never appeared in the shop :(
snakeyes32
Outfitter

Post by snakeyes32 »

Never give up there was a big group of us that want the .223 semi-auto basicly the AR-15 in the game because a lot of people hunt with it. They said they would never add a military looking rifle. Well enough of us keep hounding them and now we have it now.
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

12ga semi automatic shotgun? All the stats and coding already exists so just merge 20ga and 12ga and modify the weapon model. This weapon would definently sell and since you don't have to create anything new, isn't this about as cost efficient as a developer could hope for?

Oh and if this will happend, fix the semi automatic shotgun reloads or better, add 2 phase reloads meaning that the reload animation depends if the chamber is empty or not.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Oh let me ask Santa another year for a Super Black Eagle once more! ~ and if someone wants to use game balance as an argument I will offer this argument- there's no point for me to go hunt geese for example. I get no points for the birds, in fact had many taken from me - my pumps are long since leveled up, the 20 ga long ago worthless as well. I could use my doubles or the single barrel but it's frustrating - In my safe I have 1 pump and 3 auto's, auto loaders have always been in my rack since a child yet in my one and only hunting game I have not, it's very disappointing, just as disappointing that I still have no (real) Super Black Eagle either :lol:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”