Slow motion x-ray kill shot

papacrow170

Slow motion x-ray kill shot

Post by papacrow170 »

I'm curious if anybody has seen a game called Sniper Elite? My son showed me the game and it had a really sweet slow motion replay of a single shot kill. It shows
what the bullet does to the internals of the target with x-ray graphics. Seriously would love to see this added to the Hunter classic for one shot kills. There videos on youtube sniper elite slow motion x-ray.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Slow motion x-ray kill shot

Post by DYEUZ »

I own that said game and after a while , i found it to be too much . Repetitive and slows the game .
I would not like to see that here .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

papacrow170

Post by papacrow170 »

Maybe have the option to turn it on or off or to be able to watch the replay if you want to see it. I wouldn't want to see it every time but having the option would be nice.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Cabela's hunting game has that feature, they are more arcade oriented, i don't remember exactly which one i played since was some years ago and there are quite a few titles, but it had the x ray "skill" working similar to how we hold breath in The Hunter, then you could see the internal organs of the deer and make a heart shot like if you were Superman, well Cabela's are arcade, and The Hunter is more simulation oriented, if not completely realistic at least that's is the motto it used to have, "The most realistic hunting game", i don't know if there are other more realistic than The Hunter at this moment.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Not a huge fan of "kill cams". Seems like it glorifies the gore too much.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

It's fun in the Sniper Elite games, and there's a slight variation of it in the Sniper Ghost Warrior games, but in my opinion it just wouldn't feel right in a game like Classic. Another consideration which has been discussed over the years whenever this has been suggested, is the fact that the bullet cam might give the player a better perspective of the area, allowing them to spot other animals as the bullet travels in slow motion. I'm not sure how advantageous that would be but it certainly would give the player a different perspective.

Having said that, I never thought there would ever be a third party camera implemented in the game, and that happened, so perhaps that's not such a consideration.
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

Cabela Big Game Hunter Pro has the kill cam.
You will start hating it when it activates while a grizzly is charging you. :)

I have to admit though that the animal animations are pretty good.
Code: Select all
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

Good old Deer hunter 2005 was the first game I played that had this bullet cam. You could disable it if you wanted but it wasn't needed since you would only get the bullet cam when hitting vitals and even then you could easily cancel the cam by hitting esc and the game would continue seamlessly. Hunting unlimited series also had bullet cam but it triggered even if you missed the animal by 3 feet.

If there has to be a bullet cam in the hunter, let it be like War Thunder https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6tVhSYFL2M
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

DYEUZ wrote:I own that said game and after a while , i found it to be too much . Repetitive and slows the game .
I would not like to see that here .
I agree with this. One thing that I wouldnt mind seeing is an after shot report like CoTW has showing you how deep your bullet penetrated & what organs/bones were hit.

Given the current state of the hitboxes I doubt EW wants us to even know let alone see what the bullet is doing downrange.

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Yeah, an after-shot or post mortem analysis of the damage to the animal would be really cool. Especially if it included trajectory path and things like deviation etc.

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”