Slow motion x-ray kill shot

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Slow motion x-ray kill shot

Post by Tod1d »

I always fall back on "What happens in real life?". If/when you find the animal, you see the entrance wound, and often an exit wound, and you field dress the animal & can see the damage to the organs. i.e. did I hit the heart/lungs, etc..

We already have the organs hit, so for me they really just need to fix the wound decals so they show up, & show up accurately. And maybe add an exit wound if the penetration exceeds the animals size.

But maybe they need to take a look at the hit location / penetration / damage thing first? And fix some of the organ locations! ;)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
neonpossum
Tracker

Post by neonpossum »

Been replaying Cabela's Pro Hunts lately, mainly because of the abundance of bugs in COTW. As much as I think the kill cam in Cabela's is pretty neat, I agree that it's much more of an arcadey game and wouldn't fit in classic. The post-mortem would be awesome though!
papacrow170

Post by papacrow170 »

This would only be a replay mode to see bullet trajectory and penetration. Basically just to see if the shot was exactly how you planned it and only on a one shot and drop. I think it would be beneficial to see exactly how accurate you are from a long distance. This wouldn't happen while the animal is still alive.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

papacrow170 wrote:This would only be a replay mode to see bullet trajectory and penetration. Basically just to see if the shot was exactly how you planned it and only on a one shot and drop. I think it would be beneficial to see exactly how accurate you are from a long distance. This wouldn't happen while the animal is still alive.

But if is while the hunt is on it could be used to look around and spot other animals not in the sight of the hunter as was said before, still it could be a nice addition for an after hunt feature, once the hunt is over you could have the possibility of check the recorded shot and data in the score sheet, but good or dab i don't really think this idea gets ever implemented, first there is no money to gain with that and would take a lot of work, second, the hitboxes, with the current hitboxes issues, a kill cam that just show how a shot went into a lung area and was then marked as intestine shot wont help too much to any player, and not to mention it would need more server storage for every replay in every animal, just seeing the state of the picture gallery show that there is not much interest in make improvements into that area sadly.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

VonStratos wrote: But if is while the hunt is on it could be used to look around and spot other animals not in the sight of the hunter
While I do not favor a kill cam I dont see how it would be helpful for spotting game assuming its handled like most kill cams. Bullet flight to the target is typically a sec or 2 so to quick to really spot anything. Then lets not forget if your bullet went past the animal it will have been spooked by your shot. Honestly I dont see how such a thing could be considered an exploit at all.

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

SoftShoe wrote:
VonStratos wrote: But if is while the hunt is on it could be used to look around and spot other animals not in the sight of the hunter
While I do not favor a kill cam I dont see how it would be helpful for spotting game assuming its handled like most kill cams. Bullet flight to the target is typically a sec or 2 so to quick to really spot anything. Then lets not forget if your bullet went past the animal it will have been spooked by your shot. Honestly I dont see how such a thing could be considered an exploit at all.

Well in that case would hardly be useful, i had in my mind one where the bullet cam were in slow motion and camera could be rotated while the bullet travel, then it could be used to look around, and i don't like that idea, but if is like you say then yeah, not much as an advantage, but still, i don't really like the idea of a kill cam either, at least not while inside the hunt, and shots and general game play can be recorded with external programs, the score sheet is very detailed as resource of info about the details of a kill anyway, and the visual hole of the bullet can be examined while in trophy shot mode.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
thehammer223
Tracker

Post by thehammer223 »

I think this idea would be pretty cool but would also contradict the fact that blood on the hunter ID would not matter for the skill. Then you would get a visual of where the organs are at and would make the game too easy to kill them.

[When in doubt, use a bigger caliber.]
[My TheHunter Classic name is "Cerebral_Stalker"]

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”