A good all around rifle?

louismarez925

A good all around rifle?

Post by louismarez925 »

Now, i know this will be an un-popular opinion but i think thehunter could use a new all around hunting rifle. Somewhat like the 300, 8x57, 9.3x74, and so on the gun in mind would be legal for anything from coyotes to buffalo. the basic design would be like that of a winchester model 70, ruger m77, and mauser 98. ideally the gun would hold 3 shells, and look good, (because the bolt action 300 and others are kind of ugly). some options for calibers (i'm American so its going to be mostly American calibers that i'm familiar with) it seems the games logic is a bit flawed because the 9.3x74 is legal for coyotes while being a safari class caliber so my list will be based off that logic
.338 lapua
30-378
.375 H&H
similar sized calibers(long rangers)
I really like the elegant flow of these rifles and feel like all the rifles prior had too exaggerated features, like a deep pistol grip or overly sharp edges.
let me know your opinions!
louismarez925

Re: A good all around rifle?

Post by louismarez925 »

I also know the pictures aren't the exact makes and models i listed, i just used them for reference
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

Since we already have a gun ethical for everything from coyote - water buffalo idk if i would want another,
if anything id like a round for stuff from Fox - Deer, Since fox are one of those species that you gotta bring a different gun on maps like VDB only for them and Roe deer.

Whenever i hunt on maps i cant shoot them with my deer rifle so i either need to bow them, or use up another 5 units of space for another rifle with scope and ammo.

I was thinking like a .220 Swift? or 22-250? Maybe even a 6.5 Creedmoore, and make it ethical for elk also?

I was using this website to see what rounds are good for what species:
And it made me realize, we should be able to shoot fox with the 30-30, yes its a 30 cal but if it can only shoot Red deer as biggest, and struggles with them, fox would be a good species to add to its ethical list.

https://guide.sportsmansguide.com/game-guides/
Nathan22Outdoors
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

Nathan112244 wrote:Since we already have a gun ethical for everything from coyote - water buffalo idk if i would want another,
if anything id like a round for stuff from Fox - Deer, Since fox are one of those species that you gotta bring a different gun on maps like VDB only for them and Roe deer.

Whenever i hunt on maps i cant shoot them with my deer rifle so i either need to bow them, or use up another 5 units of space for another rifle with scope and ammo.

I was thinking like a .220 Swift? or 22-250? Maybe even a 6.5 Creedmoore, and make it ethical for elk also?

And it made me realize, we should be able to shoot fox with the 30-30, yes its a 30 cal but if it can only shoot Red deer as biggest, and struggles with them, fox would be a good species to add to its ethical list.

You are wrong!
You can cover VdB with the 16GA/9.3x74R Drilling Combination Gun. Yes, there will be no long range shots at foxes, as you have to use the shotgun barrels, but it has you covered! Actually, I think you can cover every map with it. there will be challenges with the range though.
Code: Select all
louismarez925

Post by louismarez925 »

Nathan112244 wrote:Since we already have a gun ethical for everything from coyote - water buffalo idk if i would want another,

I like the 6.5 creedmoor, i can promise it'd kill an elk with ease. or even a 6.5-284? its like the creedmoor but bigger. and 30-30 are more powerful than you'd think, i watched a guy kill a black bear with one, but in the end it comes down to shot placement
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

nachthexe wrote:

You are wrong!
You can cover VdB with the 16GA/9.3x74R Drilling Combination Gun. Yes, there will be no long range shots at foxes, as you have to use the shotgun barrels, but it has you covered! Actually, I think you can cover every map with it. there will be challenges with the range though.

You can cover most of the maps with just the 12ga. What i mean is a RIFLE not combination for fox and up, only thing close to that is the 223 and its for fox to roe deer.
I want something from fox, to deer or even elk.
Nathan22Outdoors
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

louismarez925 wrote:

I like the 6.5 creedmoor, i can promise it'd kill an elk with ease. or even a 6.5-284? its like the creedmoor but bigger. and 30-30 are more powerful than you'd think, i watched a guy kill a black bear with one, but in the end it comes down to shot placement
Yeah ik, 30-30 is a great caliber, along with the 270 IRL. I know so many people who hunt moose with a 270 irl because it takes them down with ease and in game they make them both like pea shooters along with the 308
Nathan22Outdoors
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

Nathan112244 wrote:
nachthexe wrote:

You are wrong!

You can cover most of the maps with just the 12ga. What i mean is a RIFLE not combination for fox and up, only thing close to that is the 223 and its for fox to roe deer.
Here you go: .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader!
Code: Select all
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

nachthexe wrote:
Nathan112244 wrote:
nachthexe wrote:
You are wrong!

Here you go: .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader!
And again, a RIFLE that can have a decent scope on it.
Nathan22Outdoors
TheHunter-Master
Spotter

Post by TheHunter-Master »

The only all aroung rifle at the moment is the

9.3x74R O/U Break Action Rifle from coyote to water buffalo. As for the 30-30 you are reffering to is the weakest rifle in the store at its category.

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”