Is anyone else interested in this type of weapon?

Lenkos
Scout

Is anyone else interested in this type of weapon?

Post by Lenkos »

So let me preface this by saying that I don't think we need full-auto weapons in the game.
However, I AM a huge fan of weapons that are 'tacti-cool' in appearance. It's one of the reasons why the existing .223 Semi-Auto is a favourite of mine, with it's AR style platform and floating barrel.

With that said, if more weapons like this were added, I would be in heaven.
https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product ... e=&from=fn

They don't have to be over the top - but something a little more...spicy than the existing types of weapons we have in game.
More AR platform based rifles - heck you can even get a SCAR in .223.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Is anyone else interested in this type of weapon?

Post by DYEUZ »

To answer the thread 's title : No thx , i'll pass .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

This huge fad with "tactical/military" weapons for hunting is rather sad. I even once saw a video with a "respected" US hunter getting giddy because he was going to deer hunt with a .50 Barret!!
No thanks, that AR-15 clone is already bad enough.
Code: Select all
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

I went through a "tacti-cool" phase myself & have used them for hunting. I have taken a deer with my Uzi SBR (shooting VERY hot handloads) & my M85 50BMG. In fact, to this day my go to yote killer is a Vltor AR with a Lothar Walther match barrel that is "tacti-cool" but also sub MOA accurate. Now my tastes for hunting have run to traditional means but I cant in good conscience stand against such rifles since I have myself used them.
There is however a perception among many, hunters & non hunters alike that something that has a military appearance is somehow more dangerous or unethical based on nothing more than its looks. Take the rifle Lenkos is suggesting. It is nothing more than this...

Albeit with a decided difference in looks & yet I would wager the overwhelming response to his request will be negative.

Personally I am neither for nor agin it. I do think however it would sell well.

InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Going to have to say no on this one. I think they look ugly and belong on a range, not in the woods. I know that some of them are completely legal to hunt with. They just don't appeal to me.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

I love all kinds of weapons, but for this game and hunting in real life both I don't like the idea of tactical weapons. If that is your cup of tea, just stick with the FPS games. ;)

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
RedWolf
Spotter

Post by RedWolf »

No thanks, I'm not interested either, sorry.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Variety is the spice of life. I wouldn't hunt with something like that in real life or in the game, for no other reason than the fact is has no aesthetic appeal for me, but I would have no objection to others having the option. I prefer a more traditional looking rifle, personally.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I have the .223 auto too, its a good weapon, but i got it because i needed one.223 for a competition and that one was on sale, i prefer "traditional" rifles for hunting like a bolt .223, and this military kind for real battlefields or fps, but that is just my opinion.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Dacop

Post by Dacop »

I'll buy the .223 semi auto when they make it all black, not a fan of the camo at all. Other than that, I still prefer bolt or pump action for my (virtual) hunting needs.

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”