Snakebite Bow Sight

Nathan112244
Hunter

Snakebite Bow Sight

Post by Nathan112244 »

So yesterday, i was looking for a new bow sight to put on my on hunting setup. (IRL)
The most experienced bow hunter i know suggested, without hesitation an HHA Single Pin adjustable. I thought this was a great idea, no need to sight in at different distances to set 3 or 4 even 5 pins. Just find out what FPS and grain arrow your shooting and find distance tapes to match to attach to the sight. But thinking about it even more, i thought that this would be an amazing addition to TheHunter especially for the Snakebite.

And perfect timing, i saw a topic made by RavenousFox about a new bow, and i pitched the idea of this new bow sight for the Snakebite however, instead of jumbling it in with that topic i decided to see what everyone thinks by opening my own. I would like to hear what you think below of a single pin adjustable for the snakebite, maybe max range of 60m like the others. Or if you have an idea for a different bow sight or something bow related that would be nice in game feel free to drop those below also, i like reading all your ideas.

HHA Optimizer Tetra
Nathan22Outdoors
DutchHunter74
Tracker

Re: Snakebite Bow Sight

Post by DutchHunter74 »

I like your suggestion Nathan, just as for the Parker Python a sight for the Snakebite would be a good addition for the game.
Spoiler:
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

DutchHunter74 wrote:I like your suggestion Nathan, just as for the Parker Python a sight for the Snakebite would be a good addition for the game.
Yeah that would be nice to have it fit more than one bow.
Nathan22Outdoors
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Being somewhat pragmatic I am not sure how such a sight would work in game. The range has to be manually set by the user & currently in Classic there is no way to do that with any sighting system.

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

SoftShoe wrote:Being somewhat pragmatic I am not sure how such a sight would work in game. The range has to be manually set by the user & currently in Classic there is no way to do that with any sighting system.

Yeah that is true, and if one weapon, like the Snakebite get an adjustable sight, you know what is next right? We want adjustable zeroing for rifles, and handguns and all! storm. After all it has been requested many times,

Nathan i like the idea of a sight for the Snakebite too, i have always liked the idea of a 3 pins sight for the Snakebite, hand downs best bow for large game hunting and staking, at least between the compounds. But the problem is that being so good as is, with an added 3 pins it may make almost obsolete the Pulsar, the good PP would still be a valid choice for it silent shot, but the pulsar have a niche mixing the a little of the power of snakebite and the set of pins and the sight with 5 pins,like in the PP, but the loading animation is already something that many players see as a serious flaw, if you have to chose then between the Pulsar and the Snakebite with a 3 pins... well probably Pulsar would lose is niche as the mix between PP and Snakebite.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

VonStratos wrote:
SoftShoe wrote:Being somewhat pragmatic I am not sure how such a sight would work in game. The range has to be manually set by the user & currently in Classic there is no way to do that with any sighting system.

Yeah that is true, and if one weapon, like the Snakebite get an adjustable sight, you know what is next right? We want adjustable zeroing for rifles, and handguns and all! storm. After all it has been requested many times,

Nathan i like the idea of a sight for the Snakebite too, i have always liked the idea of a 3 pins sight for the Snakebite, hand downs best bow for large game hunting and staking, at least between the compounds. But the problem is that being so good as is, with an added 3 pins it may make almost obsolete the Pulsar, the good PP would still be a valid choice for it silent shot, but the pulsar have a niche mixing the a little of the power of snakebite and the set of pins and the sight with 5 pins,like in the PP, but the loading animation is already something that many players see as a serious flaw, if you have to chose then between the Pulsar and the Snakebite with a 3 pins... well probably Pulsar
would lose is niche as the mix between PP and Snakebite.
Huh? the snakebite sight is a single pin, the way it is and with the sight i'm talking about adding, and the single pin on the snakebite right now isn't hard to hit animals at 60m+ with, but i think a single pin adjustable wouldn't make it much more OP. All you are getting is a dot to put on an animal at 60m rather then aiming over or using the bubble level.

Programming this would probably be hard, yes but imagine how cool it would be if it was done. Using buttons like the page up and page down showing your player turn the knob on the side of your bow and the bottom right corner of your screen saying the distance it is sighted at going up or down by 5 yard increments.
Nathan22Outdoors
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

The mouse wheel is free when you are holding or aiming with the bow. Of course you still have to range the animal unless you estimate, but I would think it'd be pretty quick to adjust the site with the wheel before shooting.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

Tod1d wrote:The mouse wheel is free when you are holding or aiming with the bow. Of course you still have to range the animal unless you estimate, but I would think it'd be pretty quick to adjust the site with the wheel before shooting.
Oh right, there is the mouse wheel ofc, like the zoom on a scope or spotting scope.
Nathan22Outdoors
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

A single but adjustable pin would be great that much is clear, but i don't think that zeroing can be done for a single weapon or sight and let the others in the dark, i think and hope some day in the future we have that feature, and be able to set the pins in the bows and the dot in the scopes at the distances we want, that would go great with ERR, but the snakebite has been untouched since...well forever, i think we could use some new bows, and more sights not only for the Snakebite but others too, i would like a sight for the PP but without that range finder by example.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

The only change the Snakebite sight needs is a brighter dot, as used in the Pulsar for example.
Code: Select all

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”