Rental Equipment and Weapons

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Rental Equipment and Weapons

Post by HooCairs »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I'm thinking: pay 50% of the em$ price for a one week rental, then if you decide to buy the weapon during the week, you'll only have to pay the remaining 50%.
No offense but you don't run a business, do you? :P

Neither do I but I would ask for at least another 70%. Otherwise this would become a habit and sales would drop. And if a new gun was a shotgun, I can tell you I would shoot 1000 ducks in that week and never end up buying it.

In the car business, leasing has become the main way. In Switzerland 80% of all new cars are leased, and I can imagine it will be similar in other countries. If this works for a multi-billion industry, it might work for theHunter as well. But with leasing, your total price in the end will always be more than if you had bought the product in the first place.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

HooCairs wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:I'm thinking: pay 50% of the em$ price for a one week rental, then if you decide to buy the weapon during the week, you'll only have to pay the remaining 50%.
No offense but you don't run a business, do you? :P
Haha, no! I do support some businesses by spending too much money on them (like this one), but thankfully I don't run one. Obviously it wouldn't work. :P
HooCairs wrote:They would have to ask for at least another 70%. Otherwise this would become a habit and sales would drop. And if a new gun was a shotgun, I can tell you I would shoot 1000 ducks in that week and never end up buying it.
Well, not everyone can shoot 1000 ducks within a week. But I guess that the players who'd be willing to spend 50% on a one-week rental wouldn't mind buying it right away. And those that don't want (or can't) spend the money to buy it, they wouldn't rent it for half the price either.

In the end, I stand by my opinion that I doubt we'll ever see it happen. Not with the existing business model and at this stage of the game's life cycle.
Image Image Image
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Tanngnjostr wrote:In the end, I stand by my opinion that I doubt we'll ever see it happen. Not with the existing business model and at this stage of the game's life cycle.
Well I also don't believe the system will change, seeing how little has been done server-side in general.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

XxStrong1xX wrote:I would prefer using Gm instead of EM but knowing EW it would be EM.
I would prefer to use gm$ in the supermarket instead of cash but last time I suggested it they chased me out of the shop.

Why should Expansive Worlds give you access to premium content for free, even for a limited priod of time, when for years everyone else has had to pay for that content with real money? I'm not opposed to the whole weapon rental system but asking to have it for free is a bit of a stretch, and a good way to get the developers to roll their eyes and disregard the entire thread.

Expansive Worlds is a business, with a primary objective of generating profit. If you can come up with an idea for the game that furthers the interests of Expansive Worlds and the players, then you might just have a chance of garnering some attention from the developers.
HooCairs wrote:But with leasing, your total price in the end will always be more than if you had bought the product in the first place.
Now we're on the right track. If weapon rental was an option for players that needed access to a weapon for a mission or competition, a weapon for which they had no other purpose, then it needs to be a convenience that benefits Expansive Worlds too. If it was my game I would offer the service at 25% of the weapon cost per hunting session lasting more than 90 seconds, to account for crashes and restarting because of the rain. If after that you want to buy it, you can find it in the store for the same price everyone else paid.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Well, we have hunting licenses for specific animals and last 1day or a week, it could be implemented a system similar for weapons where the price could be on Ems, i think it could be weird rent a weapon by lets say 2000gms a day to accomplish a mission that pay 1500gms, and i think that if EW put a gms price to a rental in gms would be very high, so people have to buy ems to reset missions and generate the gms for the rental, and therefore non practical if just for a mission, but if you rent the weapon for ems and for a day or a week of full use you can use it for missions, official comps, uhc comps(both can earn ems) and more, with the chance of the player recovering a part of his/her inversion and EW getting profits at same time.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”