Rental Equipment and Weapons

Minkus32

Rental Equipment and Weapons

Post by Minkus32 »

I would love to have the ability to rent weapons and equipment per hunt or per day or something vs buying.
For instance, to complete the white tail mission, I need to have a 357 magnum; blacktail I need a .308 Anschütz . I really don't need or want different types of weapons so spending money to buy the weapon for the missions is annoying, especially at those prices.
I'd be more then willing to drop some GM to use it for 1 hunt...
PS - speaking of 357 magnum..is the 357 revolver the same thing as I was actually expecting to see a 357 magnum in the store but don't see it (since there is no filtering whatsoever maybe I am just missing it)
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Rental Equipment and Weapons

Post by Fletchette »

.357 = .357 Magnum = .357 Smith & Wesson Magnum. In both the game and IRL. The non-magnum round is called .38 or .38 Special.
Personal Bests...
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

I'd love it too, and I think the ability to try out different weapons would lead to more sales--people who wouldn't normally buy-without-trying might be tempted after finding they really like one.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Renting weapons has been suggested multiple times, but personally I don't think it'll ever happen. Missions with weapon requirements are a good sales strategy for EW.

But if you really want to finish certain missions and don't want to buy the weapons, there'a another way: any fellow player that owns the respective weapon/equipment can shoot the animal in a MP game and you collect it, this will also finish the missions for you. Unlike competitions, for missions it's not the shooter that counts but the person who harvests the animals.
Image Image Image
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Missions with weapon requirements are just a way to block players from finishing them, imo. I'm not paying $5-$10 (possibly multiple times) just to do a mission pack, when I've no interest in the weapon! The MP thing is a workaround, sure, but it's not something most players (those not on the forums in particular) really know about, and takes time to arrange. I have a ton of mission packs just sat unfinished; it's a bunch of game content I'll likely never see, which is a shame. Those missions should add to the game's depth, not try to money-grub.

$40 em or something to rent a weapon for the day would be cool, and probably generate more revenue on top of prompting sales when people like what they've seen of a gun/bow/etc.
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

I think this is a fantastic idea and something I have wanted for a long time. I would prefer using Gm instead of EM but knowing EW it would be EM. Still a great idea either way.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
Minkus32

Post by Minkus32 »

I would prefer using Gm instead of EM - I agree...make it I gotta spend GM to make GM....I am ok with that....
Minkus32

Post by Minkus32 »

Fletchette wrote:.357 = .357 Magnum = .357 Smith & Wesson Magnum. In both the game and IRL. The non-magnum round is called .38 or .38 Special.
thanks...
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Renting weapons has been suggested multiple times, but personally I don't think it'll ever happen.
Depends on the business model. Ask for 60% of the full price to rent a weapon for 3 hunts. Some would pay this. Some would think twice and find the full price not so expensive after all, and rather buy the weapon. And some would rage post in the forum of course. ;)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

HooCairs wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:Renting weapons has been suggested multiple times, but personally I don't think it'll ever happen.
Depends on the business model. Ask for 60% of the full price to rent a weapon for 3 hunts. Some would pay this. Some would think twice and find the full price not so expensive after all, and rather buy the weapon. And some would rage post in the forum of course. ;)
As you can see in this post, people prefer to pay gm$. Which makes sense since you can easily win those gm$ back with the mission that you rented the weapons for. I don't blame anyone for that idea, but I don't blame EW for not doing it either. ;)

But you're right, there might be a business model that works for both sides maybe. I'm thinking: pay 50% of the em$ price for a one week rental, then if you decide to buy the weapon during the week, you'll only have to pay the remaining 50%.
Image Image Image

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”