STEYR Mannlicher SM12 Bolt Action Rifle

RainDiax

STEYR Mannlicher SM12 Bolt Action Rifle

Post by RainDiax »

Hey. I would like to suggest the STEYR MANNLICHER SM12 Bolt Action Rifle.
In Germany this rifle is pretty popular and highly accepted. Not just because its super precisely even after some shots (minimal dispersion).
Usually it's used with 30-06 cartriges and mostly it's used for deer and wild boar hunting. But there are diffrent options. So some people also use .300 cartriges with this rifle.
So its pretty decent for midgame-biggame hunting.
In my opinion it looks REALLY nice and also the sound is like music in my ears :-)
I really would love to see this rifle in the game.

Also it would be possible to import the halfstock SM12 with another caliber. For example: 338 or 308Win or 270Win or 8x57IS or .300WM/WBM or... or... or.... There are so many options for this rifle.
I hope some of you can share my enthusiasm for this rifle :-)

Here a product video to the rifle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLcu4HTjyUM

PS: I know there is already the "Stutzen 30-06", which actually is the SM12 in another version, but I really don't like the weapon.
The sound profile is waaaay to "small" and quiet ingame and personally I also don't like the Stutzen (fullstock) version.
The import in the game is just not that properly as I wish it would be. #NoHate #JustMyOpinion
Last edited by RainDiax on July 7th, 2018, 12:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Knut
Outfitter

Re: STEYR Mannlicher SM12 Bolt Action Rifle

Post by Knut »

;)

I know you know it exists. But besides you not liking it, it kind of makes the request pointless.

Edit: whyever the image-tags aren't working ... it's beyond me -and beyond my patience.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
RainDiax

Post by RainDiax »

Knut wrote:Image
;)

I know you know it exists. But besides you not liking it, it kind of makes the request pointless.

Edit: whyever the image-tags aren't working ... it's beyond me -and beyond my patience.
This rifle seems to be the SM12 Stutzen. But this feels very different.
Mostly the sound of the Stutzen is what really dissapoints me in the game. It sounds so "empty". Usually it sounds more like the Lever Action 30-06.
The real sound of the SM12 (Stutzen and "normal") are music in my ears. But in this game....
Never the less... Maybe I would think different if they would give the Stutzen the sound which it deserves and not such a "cheap"... something. :(

Just for example: Listen to this sound https://youtu.be/aqSESuNPUjw?t=45
And then listen to the sound of the rifle ingame... :lol: The sound ingame is really cheap.
EW usually NEVER fails to add a great sound to the rifles, but this one -in my opinion- is completely failed.

And yes... The "normal" SM12 and the Stutzen are kinda the same weapon which supports the same ammo type... And in the video the hunter uses 30-06 cartriges. So you kinda have a side by side compare.
RainDiax

Post by RainDiax »

Knut wrote: I know you know it exists. But besides you not liking it, it kind of makes the request pointless.
But still... There are MANY weapons with different versions in TheHunter. So why not two versions of the SM12? The Stutzen and the "normal" one...
I'd say, saying its "pointless" to implement the halfstock SM12 is kinda incorrect :D Also it would be possible to import the halfstock SM12 with another caliber. For example: 338 or 308Win or 270Win or 8x57IS or .300WM/WBM or... or... or.... There are so many options for this rifle.
For example: Personally I'd like to see it with .300, so there's another option for those who don't like to reload after each shot like the .300 Bolt Action Rifle which is now in the game. You can just do so much with this weapon. :)

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”