Modification to the 5.5-22x56mm Rifle Scope

Greysen

Re: Modification to the 5.5-22x56mm Rifle Scope

Post by Greysen »

I am realy disappointed with new sight, its awful.
First I wanted to create a similar theme, even painted this:
Spoiler:
But I wasnt happy with the result.
Then I realized that the scope was taken from a real prototype:
Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 (MIL-R)
http://www.nightforceoptics.com/nxs/5-5-22x56
So I dont think that they would change lines in the scopes reticle.

BUT that scope have another reticle, this one:
Spoiler:
MIL-DOT
Its not perfect, but much better then the first one (honestly, any another sight would be better).

p.s. sorry for bad English, its first time I write on it. :roll:
Last edited by Greysen on June 5th, 2018, 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Greysen wrote: Its not perfect, but much better then the first one (honestly, any another sight would be better).
Yep , agree that almost any, would be better .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

This is the reticle I have on one of my AR's & it is easily one of my favs. The 1 mil dot in the center gives very precise aiming point & if you know the ballistics of your gun determing range & hold over is very fast & easy.

This pic shows with the reticle illuminated. When it turned off its black as well. I never turn it on & would wager the batteries are probably dead anyway :lol:

mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

DYEUZ wrote:
nachthexe wrote:I like the red as it makes it easier to shoot darkly coated animals in bad lighting.
I agree with this kind of situation .
\

Agree!! red very helpful on Dark/Background or animal, great also on Snow

This is the best reticle on the game, shame it's only for Air Rifle, will be great for the new scope, would be much better IF the Scope is Zeroed to 100mts, so EACH line have 25mts increment and Dot 50mts, so instead of first line (68mts) will be 125mts, then the 93m dot will be 150mts , 2nd line (115m) will be 175 and so on.
JamboWhoDat wrote:The red color does not bother me so much as all those tick marks making it too busy on the eyes. If they wanted to go with a red sight they could have re-used the air rifle scope. It is much easier on the eyes.
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Greysen wrote:I am realy disappointed with new sight, its awful.
Spoiler:
Yep that's a nice reticle, but IRL the reticle lines are thinner, also has .5 mils and another factor, what range it's Zeroed?? 100, 150? those factors help you determine the range on each mil (let's forget for now the grains of each bullet, powder load, length of rifle cannon, etc. that's another 5 cents.)
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

mapache01 wrote:This is the best reticle on the game, shame it's only for Air Rifle, will be great for the new scope, would be much better IF the Scope is Zeroed to 100mts, so EACH line have 25mts increment and Dot 50mts, so instead of first line (68mts) will be 125mts, then the 93m dot will be 150mts , 2nd line (115m) will be 175 and so on.
Mil-dot scopes do not work that way. The distance between each line & dot decreases as your shot distance increases. The further away a projectile gets, the faster it falls.

To work the way you describe, each line & dot would have to have to be further apart as you moved down the center cross hair. And the scope would have to be tuned to your exact ammunition & rifle. Not to say it couldn't be done in a game, but if the scope is shared between many rifles, it wouldn't be consistent between weapons.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Tod1d wrote:
mapache01 wrote:This is the best reticle on the game, shame it's only for Air Rifle, will be great for the new scope, would be much better IF the Scope is Zeroed to 100mts, so EACH line have 25mts increment and Dot 50mts, so instead of first line (68mts) will be 125mts, then the 93m dot will be 150mts , 2nd line (115m) will be 175 and so on.
Mil-dot scopes do not work that way. The distance between each line & dot decreases as your shot distance increases. The further away a projectile gets, the faster it falls.

To work the way you describe, each line & dot would have to have to be further apart as you moved down the center cross hair. And the scope would have to be tuned to your exact ammunition & rifle. Not to say it couldn't be done in a game, but if the scope is shared between many rifles, it wouldn't be consistent between weapons.
I know, but since it's a game and there's so many factors IRL that CANNOT be implemented in the game as is now, that's the best way to simulate, to really works as IRL, the Scope must be Zeroed for each rifle/ammo, I Bold your comment above and it's what I wrote and quote to Greysen on my previous post before you Quote mine , follow I copy:
mapache01 wrote:
Greysen wrote:I am realy disappointed with new sight, its awful.
Spoiler:
Yep that's a nice reticle, but IRL the reticle lines are thinner, also has .5 mils and another factor, what range it's Zeroed?? 100, 150? those factors help you determine the range on each mil (let's forget for now the grains of each bullet, powder load, length of rifle cannon, etc. that's another 5 cents.)
But I think you got the Idea,
Valrag
Spotter

Post by Valrag »

i actually like the scope. its easy my favorite scope at the moment, because its the closest to my real scope we have at the moment.

i´d love if they add one with a H2cmr like reticle. Its the one i have and i do hunt with it.

on lower zoom settings it looks like this:

so basically just a red cross in the middle

and on higher Levels it looks like this:

and that is awesome if you want to take precise long range shots
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Valrag wrote:

on lower zoom settings it looks like this:...........
Thats a first focal plane reticle, the only "reliable" way of using a mil dot system. Sure you can use it with a variable power scope but then the dot size changes with the magnification requiring you to do the math to come up with an accurate solution.

Valrag
Spotter

Post by Valrag »

SoftShoe wrote:
Valrag wrote:

on lower zoom settings it looks like this:...........
Thats a first focal plane reticle, the only "reliable" way of using a mil dot system. Sure you can use it with a variable power scope but then the dot size changes with the magnification requiring you to do the math to come up with an accurate solution.
thats true and i am still figuring that out for long range shooting (thats what i initially bought it for) but since i use it for hunting too, i came to apreciate that reticle since it makes compensating for hunting distances past 100m (my sighting in distance) quite easy. atleast to me

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”