Why the limitations on mounting the 5,5-22x56 scope on some rifles

DiomedesDK
Spotter

Why the limitations on mounting the 5,5-22x56 scope on some rifles

Post by DiomedesDK »

I was wondering why some of the standard bolt action rifles can not equip the new scope. The 6,5x55 panther rifle can equip the 2-10x50 scope, but not the 5,5-22x56 scope. This seems a little odd, since the .300 bolt action rifles supports both scopes. You might argue, that this is due to the higher caliber, but the .223 bolt action rifle also supports the new scope.

The 6,5x55 panther is a long range setup in terms of stock and caliber - of cause for a limited amount of species, and i think it should be capable of carrying the new scope.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Re: Why the limitations on mounting the 5,5-22x56 scope on some rifles

Post by SoftShoe »

In the real world you can pretty much mount any scope on any rifle; obviously Classic doesnt work that way. I am sure its to spur sales because more then a few people would only own a single scope then. As to why the new scope only works on specific rifles, your guess is as good as mine. I would venture we will see a new line of rifle scopes come out for extended shooting that will be mountable on other rifles as well.

Personally I would like to see EW give a little love to optics & provide us with options mirroring real life. Have inexpensive (cheap) scopes for sale that have fisheye & murky optics with a basic crosshair up to high quality optics that brighten the sight picture with a usable mil dot recticle on the 1st focal plane & pricing to match.

TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

They did say that they wanted it only for the longest-range rifles to enhance the feel of those weapons as specifically "long-range shooting" weapons. That being said, I know little to nothing about the Panther and whether it's considered ultra-long-range, or not. I assume this is their reasoning though, but I'm not EW official so I can't say for sure!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

I would love a better scope mounting system in the game too. In an ideal world you would buy a weapon, buy the scope mount / rails for that weapon, then use whichever scope you want. There are some oddities with the scope mounting system though, and some technical reasons why some scopes just can't be used with certain weapons. There are also some licensing restrictions, e.g. I believe when Blaser licensed the use of the R8 they were pretty strict about it only being possible to mount one scope on it. But the technical issues are the, as I understand, the main hurdle.

That being said, I suspect there might also be balancing reasons behind only being able to mount the Eagle Mk I scope on certain weapons.

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”