An optional 3rd slot for rifles/bows.

Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

An optional 3rd slot for rifles/bows.

Post by Grizdude »

We have 2 slots for larger weapons like rifles and bows, but pistols will fit in these slots too. I'd like to suggest a 3rd large weapons slot/holster that could replace the small weapons holster so that three rifles could be carried if desired. If people own a small weapons holster... which probably everyone does, then this 3rd larger holster would sell like hotcakes!! Guaranteed I would buy one and put my small pistol holster in storage. I've always wanted this larger slot for lots of reasons. I really think this would sell big time. :D
Stealthhunter
Tracker

Re: An optional 3rd slot for rifles/bows.

Post by Stealthhunter »

I wouldn't mind that, but if they did that they would ave to increase backpack capacity since another rifle or bow is larger then handgun. The whole point of having a set capacity is to make it a little more challenging and the hunter can only carry so much like a dog.
Please click this link if you are interested in joining up to the UHCapps site. You can win prizes and earn points to get em on the UHCapps
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

I had proposed this thing long ago. just make a new backpack with a capacity of 25 kg and everything is resolved.
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

Stealthhunter wrote:I wouldn't mind that, but if they did that they would ave to increase backpack capacity since another rifle or bow is larger then handgun. The whole point of having a set capacity is to make it a little more challenging and the hunter can only carry so much like a dog.
I disagree my friend. I carry 3 rifles occasionally, depending on the comps that are up and still manage to have all the necessary callers to hunt what I want. I just have to swap out a rifle with one that's already in a rifle slot. Now if the pistol slot could be changed to a rifle slot, then I wouldn't have to do any swapping. Do you follow what I'm saying? :) The backpack would still have the same capacity. ;) Here's what it would look like with the new rifle slot.
ImageImage
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

When I started, there were 7 reserves. Now there are 12, plus 19 additional species. I think we are long overdue for an increase in capacity, in whatever form.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

A 3rd slot for combined handgun/bow would be great, as a bow is somewhat different and one of my fav. weapons but I would limit it to about 1.5kg orso.

I find the need for more rifles high, no doubt. But I always have to make tactical choices and thats part of the game. I hate to be able to bring everything. If you want that, bring a tent :)
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I agree there should be another slot, and having to buy it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all. Some folks carry a tent with them, so that they can grab anything needed from their inventory- set tent up and dismantle, wash and repeat. For me tho', I'd rather have an extra slot or two. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

Yep. Gotta agree here. I think the solution would be to just allow any weapon to be held in any of the three slots plus increase carry capacity to 25. Always takes some careful planning on what to bring along on a hunt when you're trying to do missions/comps at the same time. Plus with all of the larger game species out there now some of the newer rifles have a large carry weight. Lots of times I have to sacrifice entering a specific comp because I already have too much equipped to fulfill the requirements for the other comps/missions. I know not all would agree, but I think this is a worthwhile discussion.

Mills.
Stealthhunter
Tracker

Post by Stealthhunter »

Grizdude wrote:
Stealthhunter wrote:I wouldn't mind that, but if they did that they would ave to increase backpack capacity since another rifle or bow is larger then handgun. The whole point of having a set capacity is to make it a little more challenging and the hunter can only carry so much like a dog.
I disagree my friend. I carry 3 rifles occasionally, depending on the comps that are up and still manage to have all the necessary callers to hunt what I want. I just have to swap out a rifle with one that's already in a rifle slot. Now if the pistol slot could be changed to a rifle slot, then I wouldn't have to do any swapping. Do you follow what I'm saying? :) The backpack would still have the same capacity. ;) Here's what it would look like with the new rifle slot.
ImageImage
Yes i can see where you are coming from. Sorry wasn't thinking, yea instead of carrying weapon in backpack you got it in third slot with means you can put handgun in backpack, therefore capacity does not change. Yea sorry wasn't thinking properly at when typed previous message. Yes i would like this
Please click this link if you are interested in joining up to the UHCapps site. You can win prizes and earn points to get em on the UHCapps
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

Stealthhunter wrote:
Grizdude wrote:
ImageImage
Yes i can see where you are coming from. Sorry wasn't thinking, yea instead of carrying weapon in backpack you got it in third slot with means you can put handgun in backpack, therefore capacity does not change. Yea sorry wasn't thinking properly at when typed previous message. Yes i would like this

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”